What's the best snorkelling tour you've done?

lovetotravel68

Hi again,

Am looking for advice on snorkelling tours. We are doing the 10 night itinerary in October which includes the Tuamotus.

What was the best snorkelling you did in FP? We will be at the Hilton in Moorea (which I hear has amazing snorkelling) for 4 days (and will spend most of that time snorkelling) so will probably only plan a couple of organised snorkelling trips for the remainder of our holiday.

What would you recommend? Am open to either PG excursions or private tours :)

Best snorkeling by far was right out in front of the Hilton!!!!!!

The Drift snorkel at Tahaa was pretty cool but not for beginners.

Bora Bora is nice

We did do the aquarium at Rangiroa and I wouldn't recommend it. The drift snorkel might be fun.....

Havent been to Fakarava yet...

We dive so most of our experience is under the water.

I have to disagree on Rangiroa - yeah its close to shore and the ship and the setting isn't great but i saw more fish than anywhere and we all had a great time.

Fakarava's water is really good so I would assume you can find places. there are some great spots around Bora Bora as well.

We also did a pre-cruise stay at Hilton Morrea followed by the 10 night PG . We don't dive and snorkeled every opportunity and felt all of the islands were excellent with the Aquarium in Rangiroa being the best. Friends who did the drift snorkeling in Rangiroa were disappointed. You will have an amazing trip as we can't wait to go back.

As you won't be going to Raiatea you won't be able to take Bruno's tour. Yes there is a ships tour of the drift snorkel area while your at Motu Mahana but the ships tour though good isn't near as good as Bruno.

So .............

I would say of the islands your going to Rangiora will have the best snorkeling. If you feel safe in the water and in your abilities I would take the drift snorkel on Rangiora. It can be hit or miss depending on the weather and current.

#2 would be Christopher's tour on Bora Bora. I take Christopher's over Patrick because the focus is the best spots, not lunch, not sharks, not rays but the best snorkeling spots for color and fish variety.

For what it's worth I've taken 90% of the snorkeling tours in all of French Polynesia, several of them numerous times so I give an educated balanced prospective ......... ;)

Archived