Valor vs Glory & Immigration?

ToniH

We are booked on the Valor for next April and after hearing all of the problems with getting off the ship at St. Thomas after leaving Nassau I am a little concerned. I noticed that the Glory has the same ports and in the same order as the Valor but I have not heard of waiting hours to get off the ship at St. Thomas. Is this just because the Valor is new and they haven't found a good way of dealing with it? Need some assurance that by the time I sail her, they would have improved the process.

Thanks

Toni

We are booked on the Valor for next April and after hearing all of the problems with getting off the ship at St. Thomas after leaving Nassau I am a little concerned. I noticed that the Glory has the same ports and in the same order as the Valor but I have not heard of waiting hours to get off the ship at St. Thomas. Is this just because the Valor is new and they haven't found a good way of dealing with it? Need some assurance that by the time I sail her, they would have improved the process.

Thanks

Toni

Same incidents with the Glory. It all depends on arrival time, how many Immigrations Officers are available and how cooperative your fellow passangers are.

There was quite a debate here awhile back of wether it is the Ships fault or US Immigrations fault.

The problem is distances, time, and the safe operating speed of the vessels. There are some itineraries (Victory) that go San Juan, St Thomas, St Maarten but even then you arrive in San Juan at 5:00 P.M and leave at Midnight.

I have been on both ships and it was a breeze on both..But we were the only ship at port so that might have alot to do with it plus our timing into port was off due to maintenance issues on the Valor. But wasn't any on the Glory last year..arrived normal time and was off in good time. Make sure you have your Passport if not all ready.

Same incidents with the Glory. It all depends on arrival time, how many Immigrations Officers are available and how cooperative your fellow passangers are.

There was quite a debate here awhile back of wether it is the Ships fault or US Immigrations fault.

Blame it on the Canadians :p

and had no problems. It all depends on how "on the ball" you are vs. the other passengers, too, when it comes to getting in line for Customs. I was in line at 8:30 (while everyone else was up on deck, watching the ship dock) and off the boat at 9:15. I don't think this particular area has anything to do with the ship.

If you book an early excursion, you're the first ones through. Kind of a pain otherwise, but something you have to deal with. If you're on the Glory, take the inside line by Bar Blue. It is a little quicker. On the Glory, they do a random drawing on the order of the floor.

Archived