FTTF's benefits for excursions

iheartmarshall

FI and I are planning a cruise on the Carnival Glory in April 2014. We'll be doing the Western Caribbean itinerary and since this will be our first cruise, we're playing it safe and booking all of our excursions through Carnival once they become available (the website says it's still too early to book them). By doing this, I know that if something happens and we are late getting back to the ship, that it will likely not leave us. However I'm more worried about being one of the last groups OFF the ship and the excursion leaving without us.

...which brings me to the "Faster to the Fun" option. I know this speeds up your embarkation and debarkation processes, but does it also allow you to get off the ship earlier for excursions? And another question -- will excursion tours wait for everyone who's registered before they leave? I just have this insane fear of our excursion leaving us behind and I don't want to miss it... probably just first-timer nerves but the intinerary/excursion options are why we chose this particular cruise and I want to be safe than sorry, even if it means spending the extra $50 and getting the FTTF option. Thanks in advance for your help! :)

FTTF helps when you are tendering ashore. Ports where you dock, not so much. Now, if you purchase CCL excursions you are given the time you need to meet the group and where. If it is at a tender port, they tell you what time to meet to get your tender ticket/sticker. Typically the entire excursion group departs at the same time and the early excursion departures have priority.

FTTF only really helps you in a tender port like Grand Cayman and at that, only if you are doing your own thing. If you are going on a ship excursion, just get the tender ticket for your excursion. They will wait until everyone gets on the bus so if you get there early you will be waiting for the others anyway. If the ship docks in the port, exiting is a free for all but does not take too long.

FI and I are planning a cruise on the Carnival Glory in April 2014. We'll be doing the Western Caribbean itinerary and since this will be our first cruise, we're playing it safe and booking all of our excursions through Carnival once they become available (the website says it's still too early to book them). By doing this, I know that if something happens and we are late getting back to the ship, that it will likely not leave us. However I'm more worried about being one of the last groups OFF the ship and the excursion leaving without us.

...which brings me to the "Faster to the Fun" option. I know this speeds up your embarkation and debarkation processes, but does it also allow you to get off the ship earlier for excursions? And another question -- will excursion tours wait for everyone who's registered before they leave? I just have this insane fear of our excursion leaving us behind and I don't want to miss it... probably just first-timer nerves but the intinerary/excursion options are why we chose this particular cruise and I want to be safe than sorry, even if it means spending the extra $50 and getting the FTTF option. Thanks in advance for your help! :)

I did FTTF on the Dream in February. It was western Caribbean as well. It came in handy so many times. Especially waiting in line at Guest Services. As far as excursions I never book through carnival and it saves so much money. In Belize, a tender port FTTF let us get off while the excursions purchased from carnival. Otherwise they make you wait. There were a few other stops where it helped out too. They actually had two lines at the port one for everyone else an another just for FTTF, platinum,etc. In my opinion it's well worth it.

Archived