Super Saver MORE than Early Saver...why?

alligirl78

Our upcoming Elation cruise is not subject to the current sale prices but since I'm booked Early Saver, I check daily anyway. And normally, Early Saver is a tad more expensive than Super Saver. Today I go to check and low and behold...Early Saver is the cheapest rate. (3 pax)

So I go to look at a spring cruise we are eyeballing for 2014 and Early Saver is significantly cheaper than Super Saver...(4 pax)

It's NOT that way for booking 2 to a room. Can anyone tell me why that is? For 2 pax, Super Saver is still cheaper.

Just being nosy :)

Carnival sometimes bumps up the 3rd & 4th passenger rates higher than for pass 1&2. Sometimes the 3rd and 4th are completely different. They can still advertise the "starting at" rate say like $499pp based on double occupancy to entice people to book, but then when you have more than 2 in the cabin, and it's a popular time to go, like spring break when they know they will sell a lot of triple and quad cabins, they just make the 3rd and 4th pay more. Nice sales tactic, eh? :rolleyes:

Carnival sometimes bumps up the 3rd & 4th passenger rates higher than for pass 1&2. Sometimes the 3rd and 4th are completely different. They can still advertise the "starting at" rate say like $499pp based on double occupancy to entice people to book, but then when you have more than 2 in the cabin, and it's a popular time to go, like spring break when they know they will sell a lot of triple and quad cabins, they just make the 3rd and 4th pay more. Nice sales tactic, eh? :rolleyes:

They'd lose money on the 3-4 pax rooms via price drops but they'd still have thos cabins booked with 1-2 more bodies. Makes sense.

Archived