Costa Rica Zip Line Tour

tennis1000

I have done zipline in Alaska two times and it was a blast. My only two cents is don't wear super short shorts--mid thigh/capri/pants. The seat harness can get, shall we say, personal. If they require a chest harness, I would want to have on a a shirt with sleeves. Probably closed toe shoes are required.

They will supply all the safety equipment--harness (chest and seat), helmet, gloves, etc. They may supply rain gear also. You should be able to bring camera etc as long as the items are secure or can attach to your harness. When you look at the excursion, check out any photo gallery or video to get an idea of what to wear. They should have a secure area, where you gear up, to leave any items you cannot bring with you. Have fun.

We're doing the Canopy Zip Line Tour in Costa Rica on our Coral Panama Canal cruise. Any helpful hints?? i.e. What to wear, what to take with us, etc.

We did that one a year ago and had a great time!!! We just wore shorts and t-shirts. It was pretty humid and they load you up with equipment, so we were glad we went as "light" as possible. You do a bit of walking so wear shoes appropriate for that. They will serve some light snacks and some drinks at the end and there were adult beverages ;) to buy if you wanted. They took pictures of everyone flying through the air and will try to sale them to you afterward. You'll get to preview them to see if you want them. We thought they were pretty funny so we bought them. I think they were about $20 on a cd. I didn't notice a lot of bugs, but we did apply some bug stuff before we went. You'll have a great time. I couldn't stop giggling!!!

We did it a couple years ago and there was a snake on one of the platforms. Just keep an eye out where you place your feet. My kids and husband had a blast. I chickened out at the last minute and really regret it. I am afraid of heights and it was just too much for me. I ended up taking the trolley back down. We also wore t shirts and shorts or capris.

We did it last year, first time doing it and it was great. We wore shorts and sneakers. We took our camera with us it was great to take pictures of coming in for a landing. We also wore sun glasses, the morning we went there was a little mist which made the lines faster but also splashed back lubricant they use on the lines. By the end of the tour we looked like we had come out of a coal mine! BTW the more you lean back the faster you will go. You will love it, and don't forget to buy a shirt at the end.

Archived