Is a 1 p.m. flight out day of cruise doable from Dover

We are looking at flying out after our cruise but am unsure if we will be able to fly our the day of or have to stay over a night near the airport. The only flights so far that I can see is at 1 p.m.

tigercat

Yes. :)

If the ship berths on time & you use unassisted early disembarkation, usually around 7am.

But you'll need a private transfer for the drive to either London Heathrow (LHR)(2 hours) or London Gatwick (LGW) (90 mins). Most frequently used by CC members seem to be http://www.folkestonetaxi.com/ or http://www.dovertaxis.com/

Expect to pay £90 to £120 for a standard sedan.

Whilst the timing may appear to be over-generous, the route can get congested & down to a crawl on weekdays, esp to Heathrow. What date are you travelling?

You could check ship's transfer offerings, I think their suggested earliest flight time for their transfer coaches will be around 12.30 to 1pm. But early disembarkation & a private transfer will get you on the road an hour or more ahead of the coaches.

Haven't checked public transport times, but I'm pretty certain they're a no-no since trains & service coaches run via changes in central London.

JB :)

Archived