Legend of the Seas Borneo Cruise March 2013 Picture Review

This review is fantastic. We just booked to sail on Legend in 5 weeks time so loving seeing all the pictures and hearing what you have to say. We sailed on her in summer 2009 so very much looking forward to seeing all the changes.

It's also amazing to see your KK pictures - my son spent a month in Borneo 4 years ago and also climbed the mountain - I'll show him the pictures which will definitely bring back some happy memories :D

Hope you have a great cruise!

Alright, I have come to the end of my little side-track. I leave Mt Kinabalu with this poignant picture. Look at the load this person is carrying up the mountain. It is a lady. She is one of the many locals who make a living carrying food, goods and other equipment up and down the mountain. My guide told us that they only get 30 to 40 Malaysian Ringgit (or USD 10 to 13) for each round trip, to the Laban Rata Rest house. It is very humbling. We ought not to take our good lives for granted.

zn97wg.jpg

Totally agree with your last two sentences.

Keep those photos and comments coming.

Thanks again.

Thank you so much for your terrific photos. We are on the Legend in April 2014 for the Panama Canal transit and had no idea what to expect with a smaller ship - looks terrific. I appreciate your effort!

Fantastic review! The view from the summit must have been amazing!

Yes.

Overwhelming rush of emotions.

Awesome view of God's creation.

Euphoric feeling - we made it!

Very humbling, we are so small compared to this mountain.

(not forgetting Mt Kinabalu is less than half the height of Everest)

Slight panic quickly set in upon realising that I had to climb down.

Thank you so much for your terrific photos. We are on the Legend in April 2014 for the Panama Canal transit and had no idea what to expect with a smaller ship - looks terrific. I appreciate your effort!

Glad you liked the review.

I think Royal did a fantastic job with the revitalisation.

Have a great cruise!

Sit-down breakfast in the MDR. For this cruise, we really cut back on MDR breakfast, for a few reasons. First, they did not have my favourite Eggs Benedict, not sure why. Second, Park Café had really nice muffins and other stuff for breakfast. So, we ended up eating at WJ and Park Café.

ak73hd.jpg