Colorado residents, what kind of cell provider?

lindaj9

This is not a cruise question, BUT this forum has been the most helpful to me in the past and wanted to see if any of you could help me. My college age daughter will be spending a semester in Colorado Springs in Sept. We will need a new long distance cell for her, and don't know which ones get decent reception in Colorado Springs. Can any of you give me any help on this? Sure would appreciate it!

Looks like our next cruise will be a little ways off, but definitely a PRINCESS! Loved the Caribbean Princess! Have one daughter getting married and one back in school!

Linda in Iowa (reception pretty good everywhere here)

I live in Aurora, which is between Denver and Denver's Airport. I have had Sprint, Cingular, T-Mobile. I have had no luck with any of these. I have recently got Nextel and I have had no problems. The one thing is that it is expensive. Cell phones tend to suck out here, so be careful.

I live north of Denver and recently traveled to Colorado Springs. Cruisegirl25 is correct and most of the cell phone services have their issues in Colorado. The mountains tend to cause a lot of problems. I have T-Mobile and it would work in some areas in Colorado Springs and not others. I would check the coverage areas on line with the various services and find one that works in the Colorado Springs area. It is basically a flip of the coin whether or not it works in a specific area within the Springs. The other thing would be to contact the school itself and see if they know which might be the best. The Students usually have an opinion on that.

Both my wife and I have Verizon, and all of our staff at the office has Verizon. Its not perfect, but its not bad either.

We use the Nationwide plan and have rarely had roaming charges applied.

Just bringing this to top again. I'd like to get a few more opinions or reviews on their cell phones in Colorado (especially Colorado Springs). It'd be a huge help in getting our daughter one.

Archived