Caye Caulker Help Please!

Silvestri4

Going to Belize in Jan, of 2104...trying to find a reason to get off the boat, and i've found bits and pieces of information on this place. A few questions

How do you get there? is a excursion required or can you just find transport once you get to the Port.

I seemed to have found a place named Lazy Lizards. Most of the group we are traveling with has not a lot of interest in snorkeling, more looking for a place to hang out with food and drinks...Can you just go to this establishment?

Is it worth it to go here if your not looking to snorkel or dive?

Thanks for the help! The last time i was in Belize we hated it....hoping to find a good spot to make me enjoy this place. An open air taxi tour through the city was enough to make me want to just stay on the boat the next time. Also i've already done the cave tubing excursion, and wouldn't be interested in spending the money to do it again.

We will be there April , booked through Coral Breeze, doing snorkel and Caulkner. My wife is not snorkeling, just enjoying the boat ride...You can take a water taxi on your own for about $20 PP round trip , or you can just do the Coral Breeze island escape for $39 PP , which I would be more comfortable with than the water taxi..My daughter was there and liked it well. It is a very laid back peaceful place. I am looking forward to it..

My husband and I took the water taxi over and had agreat time at the split, the lazy lizard is right at the split. When we were waiting for the water taxi I was a little nervous because we and another couple were the only ones from the cruise ship but everything was fine. We are going to Belize in May and will be going to Caye Caulker again. Caye Caulker is a nice laid back little island. We loved the view from the split and swimming in the water (no real beach). The Lazy Lizard looked like a dive but the beers were cold and cheap. The water taxi was $10 dollars each way.

We took the Coral Breeze Island excursion for my family of four to Caye Caulker - it was $148 total and the guide who took us there was great. He told us a lot about the area, had lots of great info and showed us his "office" out in the ocean where he fishes when not doing guide work. His name was Mark and we really enjoyed him. Caye Caulker was a blast. We rented a golf cart for 2 hours for $25 and drove down a ways and found a nice place to relax on the beach and enjoy the water. The only person who approached us was a non-pushy man trying to sell cashews. Really liked that there were not a lot of pushy people offering massages, hair braiding, shells, etc.

Had a great lunch on the water and enjoyed the $2.50 bottles of local beer. The only bad thing was we were there for such a short time. I would have enjoyed a couple days of the relaxation that this island offered.

Sounds like we may have paid a bit more than some of the water taxi's but heard such good reviews here on Coral Breeze that the extra cost was fine with the assurances that we were in good hands.

Archived