Island Marketing Ltd - Roatan Wild On

MichaelBrowning

My partner and I will be taking our first cruise in May on the Carnival Conquest. I've been looking around the internet for information on excursions and came across one that seemed possibly too good to be true, which is generally the case with anything that seems so, when compared to the cost of other similar excursions.

Here's the link: http://roatancruiseexcursions.com/WildlifeToursRoatan.html

It includes a few stops to see some animals, a stop at the West End, and then a final stop at West Bay were we can do some snorkeling. The additional information I received when I e-mailed the booking company didn't include information on the specific area of the beach, so I'm guessing the cost is low because it is the "free access" area.

Has anyone used this company, Island Marketing, or taken this specific excursion? What about the free area of the beach versus paying for access to the resort areas? Would love to get some opinions from people who have been to the island and seen these areas.

• 8 months later...

I'm bumping up this thread because I just saw this tour on the Island Marketing website and I'm really interested it doing it. Its called "Wild about Roatan Wildlife".

For 42.00 a person you get to see quite a bit. I especially like it that they take you to a wild bird rehabilation center...that is right up my alley!

So Michael Browning if your still around...did you go on this tour? Has anyone else been on it? The OP listed the link to it but I'll put it here again for those of you that missed it.

http://roatancruiseexcursions.com/WildlifeToursRoatan.html

Looks like you are really only going to the monkey & bird park? The rest are standard stops everyone makes, and you'll be in a group bus, if that matters to you? After doing the private tours, it's worth it to not be on the clock, you get to do a lot more that way. Definitely check out the monkeys though, we had a blast. I thought it would be a kiddie thing, but it really wasn't. Everyone can have fun.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm bumping up this thread because I just saw this tour on the Island Marketing website and I'm really interested it doing it. Its called "Wild about Roatan Wildlife".

For 42.00 a person you get to see quite a bit. I especially like it that they take you to a wild bird rehabilation center...that is right up my alley!

So Michael Browning if your still around...did you go on this tour? Has anyone else been on it? The OP listed the link to it but I'll put it here again for those of you that missed it.

http://roatancruiseexcursions.com/WildlifeToursRoatan.html

I don't know about this tour but I've used island marketing before (Mexico, Hawaii 2x and in Puerto Vallarta). I've never had issues using them and have experienced great tours.

The last one was in Cozumel last month and I did the private tour. Fabulous!

I hope this helps.

Carla

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

This is just a guess but based on other replies I believe Island Marketing is like a tour broker, so you contact them and they find someone to do the tour. The price seems reasonable based on what I could find on the various tour operator websites but I wasn't able to figure out who they use in Roatan.

This is just a guess but based on other replies I believe Island Marketing is like a tour broker, so you contact them and they find someone to do the tour. The price seems reasonable based on what I could find on the various tour operator websites but I wasn't able to figure out who they use in Roatan.

All I know is that they have agreed to modify the tour for us, and rather than going to the beach, we want to make a stop at the botanical gardens - it will have an additional fee, but given the modification, I can't imagine this being a huge bus kind of thing. But I will let everyone know when we return in March!

All I know is that they have agreed to modify the tour for us, and rather than going to the beach, we want to make a stop at the botanical gardens - it will have an additional fee, but given the modification, I can't imagine this being a huge bus kind of thing. But I will let everyone know when we return in March!

This is correct that IM is a broker. They contract out independently. So you won't get the Victor Bodden's or Rony's tours. We used them once years ago to do South Shore zip line and then West Bay beach (and Celeste's, yum.) The driver was a local and had a minivan for 6 of us. And the gardens are extra on anyone's tour. $42 pp is a competitive rate for up to 4 people. You can get lower with more people using Victor or Rony.

• 1 month later...

We did the Wild on Wildlife tour and loved it. Joanne was our guide and she works for companies like Victor Bodden as well. Her English was impeccable and she was sure to tailor the tour to our needs. She first took us to "Danny's place" which has been open about a year; we say coati, island rabbits, racoons, multiple types of parrots, and played with the juvenile monkeys. The highlight for me however was holding Sid the sloth. She then took us to the iguana farm and those suckers are like dogs - the big ones will lean into you if you reach down and stroke them. They also have a nice area enclosed on the water where you can see tarpon, an eel, giant lobster etc. We then spent some time touring the island and stopped at a beach to see a resort. She fed us baleasas (?) from a local gas station and they were fantastic. We also drove to West Bay and around the island. The short stop at the gardens however was not worth is as not much was in bloom and it was $10 pp. A great day though all in all.