Century Transatlantic - Sunny & Warm?

Danny Ocean

Hello Celebrity lovers,

We're thinking about taking the Century westbound transatlantic in late October '06. Does anyone know if they take a southerly route across and how the air temps are that time of year on the crossing. We love cruising but 7 days with no port makes us wish for deck and sunning time. Appreciate advice and thoughts from those who know.

Thanks!

Danny

Hi, we were on the Millenium transatlantic in November 2000 to New York, and it did appear that they took a southerly route because it was not really cool, until almost the last day, I guess when they had to turn north, and then it was too chilly for the pool. I do like cool weather, so could stay outside to watch the water or eat, but not for too long. also seemed windier as we headed north to NY.

Hello,

I did a Late September/Early October 2001 crossing on the Galaxy. We went from Maderia to St. Martens. On our crossing the weather was great, very sunny and it got warmer every day. Plenty of pool and outside time.

FYI- the crossings are very relaxing, especially since you pick up 1 extra hour each day (except the last one) on the crossing.

Hope this helps.

Archived