BEACH QUESTION FOR ISLANDER

kRUZIN'LADY

Islander,

We are thinking of going to either Secret Harbor or Bolongo Bay while in port. Which do you recommend? We just mainly want to hang out at the beach with chairs, umbrellas, facilities , and drinks.Thanks for your suggestions.

Hello,

If you are only interested in hanging out on the beach, bar, drinks... then either is fine. Bolongo Bay has a great little restaurant called Iggies on the beach that will keep you well fed and without thrist!! However the difference between the two comes with the quality of swimming/water. Bolongo is a bit rocky in the water area so makes wading around less easy... Secret Harbor has more of a sandy bottom. Secret Harbor also has a bar and restaurant. So to me, both are pretty beaches, usually not very populated, difference is in the water/swimming.

--Islander

Hi Islander,

Do you know what a cab would cost to get to Secret Harbor? Also, in order to use chairs & umbrellas do I need to pay entry to a "beach club" or are there just beach vendors that I can negotiate with? Finally, do you know the approximate cost of these options? Thanks!

Archived