Haven't sailed yet but already dissapointed with Carnival

Lissa24

Whoever said where to look in the notes section is absolutely right. I have finally found my rates on all of my bookings.

Cruise in 2014:

GUEST NOTES

1) Early Saver:Cancellations prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit less a $50 pp service fee. If you find a lower cruise rate' date='based on the total cabin occupancy& not from the booked ancillary services,such as air,transfers,prepaid gratuities,or government taxes & fees contact your Travel Agent or www.Carnival.com. Price protection does not apply to Super Saver,Instant Saver fares,group rates,membership rates,select promotions,or travel agent promotions. Verified rate difference is issued as an onboard credit. No name changes are allowed. A $50 fee per guest will be assessed for ship/sail date changes made prior to final payment date.

Cruises in 2013:

GUEST NOTES

1) Discounted rate for clients who reside in an eligible state. One guest in stateroom must be from eligible state and proof of residency may be required.

GUEST NOTES

1) Exclusive offer for guests who have sailed with Carnival. Savings may vary by ship and sail date. Reduced deposits are based off the full per person deposit amount and may vary by ship and sail date. Changes made to the reservation may result in removal of the reduced deposit offer. Reduced deposits are not available within final payment. Upgrades are based on availability. Subsequent upgrades in lieu of price protection will no longer be offered. Offer is valid only for past guests with an official past guest number.

2) Early Saver:Cancellations prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit less a $50 pp service fee. If you find a lower cruise rate,based on the total cabin occupancy& not from the booked ancillary services,such as air,transfers,prepaid gratuities,or government taxes & fees contact your Travel Agent or www.Carnival.com. Price protection does not apply to Super Saver,Instant Saver fares,group rates,membership rates,select promotions,or travel agent promotions. Verified rate difference is issued as an onboard credit. No name changes are allowed. A $50 fee per guest will be assessed for ship/sail date changes made prior to final payment dat

Isn't it strange that not everyone gets the same information. No wait. This is Carnival. As an example, here is the information in the Guest Notes for my Cruise coming up in less than 3 weeks. We are booked Early Saver. It doesn't actually say Early Saver but it does state the Early Saver rules. Someone new to Carnival might not know what fare they are booked under but would know the rules.

GUEST NOTES

1) This is confirmation that a payment was posted associated with your booking. 2) Terms & Conditions: Deposit is non-refundable & non-transferable. No name changes are allowed, there is a $50 service fee per guest for ship and/or sail date changes made prior to final payment due date. Price Protection: In the event you find a lower,valid rate, based on the total cabin occupancy, contact your Travel Agent or go to www.Carnival.com to receive the difference in rate as a non-refundable on board credit to be used on your vacation. Lower rate must be: for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests, a Carnival advertised rate, available for booking at the time the request is submitted, and a rate you are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply.

Sharon

I did pay the reduced deposit of $125 and am past final payment date. Was told we would get onboard credit after final payment date. I just feel they should stand by what they told me... Twice! And I knew what I was paying when I purchased cruise and was fine with that .. But don't tell me I can get a lower fare if it goes down then not give it to me! Just saying! First time cruiser that is learning as they go.

They clearly stated to you that"you would get onboard credit after final payment" , this means you got early saver. Call back and request a supervisor and make them pull the tapes of the carnival employee telling you that and you will get your 200 onboard credit. Many people have done this. It is Carnivals mistake not yours.

I was denied my OBC by carnival, saying I didn't qualify. I called...of course waited forever...they said I was booked under easy saver not early saver. I was furious. I know that I booked under early saver because he explained the benefits. The lady I spoke with said "oh well, that's not our problem" I asked for a supervisor and she said the same. I then asked for her supervisor and she in turn pulled the recorded conversation of my booking. It clearly had him booking me under early saver. They honored the mistake and gave me my onboard credit ;) and I'm waiting for a response to my 2nd request for rate drop. So don't give up keep calling and maybe persistance will pay off :p

Way to go!! Good for you! Shame on Carnival and their sometimes shoddy customer service. Thank goodness they have the recorded conversations. I betcha she thought she'd hear him booking you as easy saver. LOL

I was wondering if the OP did book under ES but then when they did the first price drop turned around and changed her code to the one she matched against the price drop. People here have said it happens...but her confirmation email should say something?

Very dissapointed in Carnival and we haven't even sailed yet. We are booked on the Dream June 1st. Most in our group (me included) have never cruised before so when I booked I asked tons of questions and kept notes. I was informed that the fare could drop and they would adjust that for me if it went down. So I watched every day for a reduction. When I noticed one a few weeks ago I called in and they adjusted my fare... No problem. Now the fare has dropped over $200 and they will not do anything. They keep telling me that we are booked under a fare that doesn't allow changes and that the person that booked my cruise originally and the one that adjusted my fare when it dropped the first time made an error. I have already made final payment but should get onboard credit. It would be even cheaper to cancel cruise and lose deposit ($125 per person) and rebook. But they won't let me do that either. I am so mad and dissapointed in this cruise line. As a first time cruiser, they have definently not made a good first impression. We were about to book a trip in September with friends and family ( a group of 40 ).. We will now be looking elsewhere. Carnival obviously doesn't stick to their word or care about their customers.

RUN LONG RUN HARD AND RUN FAST!! anything but carnival right now!! invovlement with them is a nightmare!!

Persistence has finally paid off. It is amazing to me how you get so many different responses from the people that work at carnival. As a new cruiser I definently don't understand the fares but I don't think they do either. I did not receive OBC but did get a cabin upgrade from inside to balcony... Which makes me feel much better.

Persistence has finally paid off. It is amazing to me how you get so many different responses from the people that work at carnival. As a new cruiser I definently don't understand the fares but I don't think they do either. I did not receive OBC but did get a cabin upgrade from inside to balcony... Which makes me feel much better.

Sweet. Glad it worked out for you and hope you enjoy your cruise

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived