NCL Sun deck 6A

live2dive45

Looking to book on the sun for May 2014. I like the aft and don't want to go too high in location or price. Deck 6A puzzels me though. Stardust lounge shows location aft on 6 & 7. How does deck 6A fit into this? Has anyone stayed in anyof these cabins and what is the noise level like? I know the main dining room is below. That doesn't bother me much. I just can't figure out how this deck is worked into the ship. Any help before I book would be appreciated

We were just on the Sun earlier this month. I can tell you that access to deck 6A is by stairs only. If you look at the deck plans for Sun's International Deck 7, you will see the atrium area. Look for the Champagne Bar and Art Gallery forward of the atrium. We always went up the ramp by the Champagne Bar to travel further forward to pick up our DS at the Kids' Club. The stairs to 6A are between the center stairs and the circle I assume is a lifeboat. I never went forward on Deck 7 by the Art Gallery ramp, but there is another small stairway on that side. As long as you do not have any mobility issues, 6A would have cabins above on Deck 7 and Below on Deck 6, so there shouldn't be a noise issue from above or below.

The two Dining Rooms are further aft of the 6A cabins.

We just returned from a cruise on the SUN last week and were in cabin 6107 which is on 6A , it was a great location . We were discussing that we would definately choose that cabin again next time. No noise issue, near elavator/stairs and the outside walking deck6.

The forward cabins are eight feet in height, whereas the sixth deck public rooms midships and aft are twice as high, or in that neighborhood. Not knowing exactly, if you check the deck plans of the Sun and Sky, you can see there are no public rooms forward on either deck sixes. They basically squeezed in another deck of cabins forward with no elevator lifts using a stair case.

Frankly, I like that deck because there isn't any through traffic from bow to stern. Of course, folks with disabilities probably won't. Using the stairs for one deck isn't much of a problem with most of us, although several decks would.

Archived