How many swimsuits do you bring for a CCL cruise?

Nice links but remember NOT everybody looks like that in those pictures LOL

I know... Not everyone looks like that.. Believe me I WISH...LOL

I was just showing pictures on different types of bathing suits.

I only own one (have a hard time finding suits that fit right) and it looks like I'll only be taking one. It dries super fast (neat material) and we're in the Carib in the summer. I think I should be dry instantly ;).

I take 3 but I normally only wear 2 :) Just as someone earlier said - one can be worn while the other is drying. I just get in the shower with my suit on when I get ready for dinner to rinse it out then hang it up to dry so it's not nasty when I decide to wear it again :)

I think three is plenty - I never can fine many like I like on myself :) However, I kind of want to buy another one. My bikini's are all JCrew solid color and I'd love to get a print one before I leave on Saturday. Hrm....I think luv2shop's karma is wearing on me right now..

I have been wondering if people wear their swimsuit with a cover up most of the time on the ship, except at dinner, of course? We're going on a shore excursion in Nassau (tour of gardens, zoo and straw market). Do we need to wear shorts and take our swimsuits in case we get to the beach later? Or is it close enough to just go back on the ship and change? Will be in Orlando a week from tonight!!!!

STBDW was told by someone just back from a cruise to bring a lot of swimsuits, because that is all she wore during the day (I repeat, the day.) This scares me, as it directly effects the savings account balance. So, ladies, how many swimsuits do you typically bring on your CCL vacation?

I am taking 6. One to pack in a shore bag, one to wear ashore, 1 or 2 drying after being worn and 1 or 2 in case the others did not dry in time. I will be easy to spot at the cruise terminal. I will be the one arriving with the u-haul in tow behind us :)

Yes... I realize I overpack.... really overpack.

Ummm actully no one exists that looks like those models....Including those models....They(in the studio) shave INCHES of MODELS...The waist and thighs,,,,Now honey if we need to cut and paste MODELS no wonder woman have issues....Now back to the point...I have never cruised I am going on my first in a couple of weeks,,,Trust me what ever you bring will work...Why? Cause it has to lol....Id rather bring 2 that i look decent in than 5 ....Just remember the Woolite............Look at me giving advice and Ive never cruised.....Seriously though with a budget issue USE THE MONEY ON THE CRUISE NOT IN SUITS.....

Great thread. Never thought of it before. I was planning on taking one two-piece and one one-piece but now that I read everyones responses I'm going to buy one more. I bought a cover-up and plan on wearing that when not in the pool or on the lounge chair. Anyways, I have until fall to have everything and before that all the after summer clearance sales are going on. What am I saying? Where I work we are already getting fall clothes in.:rolleyes:

I took 2 and wore one while the other was drying. I found that after I went in the pool or hot tub then I went back to my cabin to change because I didn't like sitting around in a bathing suit. There are lots of towel racks in the bathroom and the suits dried really nicely in there.

I own one swimsuit, therefore I take one swimsuit. The whole swimsuit thing is new to me - I hadn't owned one since I was a kid until last year! I do not, under any circumstances, get in any kind of water other than a shower (OK so I did get in the lazy river at Six Flags last week), so it is not necessary that I bring more than one. I take it to sunbathe for a couple of hours and that's it.

Been answered to death, but I think the answer is between 1 and 12:)

One if you don't swim a lot or mind putting on a wet suit. 2 will prevent that issue most likely even if you swim more than once a day with a break in between swims.

7 day cruise, I suppose you could take as many as 14 so you have 2 a day for the different swim times and ports. All depends on you. I've read threads on this board where women pack 12 pairs of shoes for a 7 day. And people who board with ONE carry on for a 10 day. Last cruise, my family of 5 brought 5 carry ons and 3 huge suit cases. This next one we're taking one carry on and 2 luggage pieces. It's my vacation, for me, not a fasion show. I like dressing up and will, but there will be repeats 'this' time:D

Jules

Star, you just gotta love the fact that fall is probably only about 14 weeks away for those of us in MN and IA:D

Isn't that the truth!:D But with the weather as it is, one day 90+ degrees and then raining and 60+ degrees, you never know when the seasons are.

That makes me wonder. In October in the Eastern Carribean is it really warm enough to lounge around in swimsuit? I understand it is absolutely beautiful down there but this Iowa girl isn't used to wearing anything skimpy in fall.:rolleyes:

Hi Apple Valley!! Blaine here!! Which ship are you on?? Six of us will be in three different balconies next february, four of us its our third cruise. I've only used three suits, depends on how daring you feel, what the rest of the pool groups are wearing & the temps!! Truly, it sounds silly, but there are so many different people, personalities and lifestyles, that you really will feel compfy in just about anything!!!! Bon Voyage & let us know how you enjoy your cruise!! PS~~ When are you going??

Hi Apple Valley!! Blaine here!! Which ship are you on?? Six of us will be in three different balconies next february, four of us its our third cruise. I've only used three suits, depends on how daring you feel, what the rest of the pool groups are wearing & the temps!! Truly, it sounds silly, but there are so many different people, personalities and lifestyles, that you really will feel compfy in just about anything!!!! Bon Voyage & let us know how you enjoy your cruise!! PS~~ When are you going??

Hi Conn! We are heading out at the end of August, for our first "real" cruise. My grandparents owned a houseboat, but I don't count that as real even if I had been on it for about a thousand trips, as you could wear jeans to dinner and you didn't have to tip for everything;)

Great weather we're having, eh?:)

Archived