Can not believe it!!!

SE NC

I booked through the Discover website for the first time ever for the Cashback bonus points as well. It was too late for me to book Early Saver for my cruise June 1st, but I was able to upgrade from interior rooms to cove balcony's for only 10.00 more per person with this sale. I prefer to book Early Saver and book directly through Carnival...but I will take the free 127.00 in Cashback bonus money just for using them and still got the nicely priced upgrade.:p

How did you manage that? I was going to use my points to have the reduction in price (and yes, the price they use is the Early Saver rate...or at least it was for me since ES is till available on that sailing), but then I read that if the price was adjusted that I'd lose the reward points.

But as I type this I see the difference. You didn't apply for a price reduction; you did an upgrade. Hmm...now I'm wondering if I should have done the $200 off my cruise....guess I can do it on another cruise.

Doesn't matter who you booked with. Call your TA and they should be able to get you a better price/ upgrade! If the TA is unwilling to help, I think you have so many days after booking to transfer your TA booking to carnival. You may be able to switch from TA to carnival, not sure what would happen with your discover rewards though.

Should not be an issue though, Carnival issued a letter to TA's telling them they would honor lower rates for all past guests, TA just has to contact carnival! Definitely worth a phone call!

Well I tried (and tried) but my TA called Carnival and was told all they could do is upgrade me to a better balconey (I want to stay in my cove) so apparently if you book via Touraid (Discover Card) they do not get the letters issued to TA's - lesson learned believe me as I lost out on a lot of money.

Well I tried (and tried) but my TA called Carnival and was told all they could do is upgrade me to a better balconey (I want to stay in my cove) so apparently if you book via Touraid (Discover Card) they do not get the letters issued to TA's - lesson learned believe me as I lost out on a lot of money.

That's what the letter said, that you were eligible for free upgrades if you were a past guest.

They offered the upgrade but you declined .

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you manage that? I was going to use my points to have the reduction in price (and yes' date=' the price they use is the Early Saver rate...or at least it was for me since ES is till available on that sailing), but then I read that if the price was adjusted that I'd lose the reward points.

But as I type this I see the difference. You didn't apply for a price reduction; you did an upgrade. Hmm...now I'm wondering if I should have done the $200 off my cruise....guess I can do it on another cruise.[/quote']

Yes it was the UPGRADE that helped me. I would have been out a lot of money from this sale since I hadn't booked Early Saver (it wasn't available since I just recently booked for our June 1st cruise) but at least I don't feel I got cheated because I actually got a really good price for the cove balcony instead of interiors. So it worked out in the end for me. Once you downgrade they do remove some of your reward points. I won't even see them until after the cruise, but whenever it happens I will take them with a smile on my face.:)

Archived