Marriott Renaissance walking distance to Total Wine?

cadburysmom

I am again staying at the Ft. Lauderdale Marriott Renaissance pre-cruise and have shopped at the nearby Walgreens and Publix in the past but heard there is now a Total Wine as well. I will not have a car so am wondering if it is within walking distance and if so, what is the best route?

Thanks!

It's in the Harbor Shops Mall right off of 17th st which is the st. where your hotel is. I'd guess maybe a 10 min walk to the mall and to that store which sets back a bit. Less than a mile for sure.

Total Wine is next to the Publix. It's a 10 minute or less walk depending on your pace. Go west straight up 17th Street and it's on the left just before you get to the Embassy Suites hotel.

Total Wine is in the same plaza as Publix. It's about 3 very long blocks from the Renaissance so if you have a lot of purchases you may want to consider a cab or the Sun Trolley (if it's operating) back to the hotel.

So is Total Wine right behind Embassy Suites? It looks that way on a map.

I just booked Embassy Suites pre-cruise and that, with included free breakfast, led me to choose Embassy Suites over Renaissance, prices were similar and only wish both offered free airport shuttle and wifi.

Does Embassy Suites offer free wifi in lobby?

Total Wine is indeed right behind Embassy Suites. I don't remember if there was free wifi in the lobby. If you plan on attending the nightly receiption on a weekend plan to get there early because it get very crowded.

Total Wine is indeed right behind Embassy Suites. I don't remember if there was free wifi in the lobby. If you plan on attending the nightly receiption on a weekend plan to get there early because it get very crowded.

Thanks...good to know!

Archived