Sail the Western Carribean - Take an umbrella?

neveslaw

We leave on Elation this Sunday and since I can't concentrate on work I decided to check the weather for Progresso, Cozumel and Belize. Looks like thunderstorms this week. Hence the question, do I add "Umbrella" to my list of things to take even though the air temp is 90+? I'd appreciate the advice of you Carribean veterans. Thanks in advance.

I've found that the storms are short in duration. An umbrella isn't a bad idea but your fun won't be rained out.

How short? As you know, we are only there for a day of daylight. I'm not worried about Progresso since that's looking and buying the local carvings and sitting on the beach, maybe playing with the wave runners; Cozumel is a diving trip and fresh water does not mix well with salt water (affects visability):mad: ; Belize is cave tubing and I foresee no lack of water flow in the rivers that run through the caves. I can see the white water now. :D

2 years ago this June, we were on the Inspiration in Cozumel. Let me tell you about rain! It started raining, I mean pouring, around 10:30 AM and lasted till close to noon. We were on the Snorkel, Sail and Beach excursion (Catamaran) around 1:30 when it started pouring again. It was freezing on the boat as all of our stuff got wet. Once the heavy drinking started, most people warmed up.

We are going back on the Glory in August (will do the same excursion again) and will be more prepared for the rain :)

Barry

Archived