Another WiFi Question

Hi All,

I asked this on the "All things Wifi" thread but didn't get an answer.

I have a couple questions about the WiFi on the Freedom of the Seas. My DD has to register for her classes for the Fall Semester on May 29th. It's very important that she register that day when it opens because she is doing a Semester at Sea and she needs certain classes. We will be sailing that week on the Freedom of the Seas. I was going to tell her to bring her laptop and we could just buy the package for the week. My questions are: is it fast? She needs it to be fast to navigator through the pages to register. Next question: are there hotspots on the ship that are better than our cabin? Last question: do we have to buy the package for the week or can we just purchase for that day?

Thanks so much for any information you can share. We have never brought our laptop with us before just used RCI's computers. They would be too slow for this process. :rolleyes:

Hi All,

I have a couple questions about the WiFi on the Freedom of the Seas. My DD has to register for her classes for the Fall Semester on May 29th. It's very important that she register that day when it opens because she is doing a Semester at Sea and she needs certain classes. We will be sailing that week on the Freedom of the Seas. I was going to tell her to bring her laptop and we could just buy the package for the week. My questions are: is it fast? She needs it to be fast to navigator through the pages to register. Next question: are there hotspots on the ship that are better than our cabin? Last question: do we have to buy the package for the week or can we just purchase for that day?

Thanks so much for any information you can share. We have never brought our laptop with us before just used RCI's computers. They would be too slow for this process. :rolleyes:

It´s faster than their Computers, but still not fast at all.

You usually buy a package of minutes and it´s charged by the Minute from your package. Now there were reports about Oasis and/or Allure to offer unlimited weekly packages, but not sure about if they are offered on Freedom.

It´s faster than their Computers, but still not fast at all.

You usually buy a package of minutes and it´s charged by the Minute from your package. Now there were reports about Oasis and/or Allure to offer unlimited weekly packages, but not sure about if they are offered on Freedom.

Thanks for responding so quickly Paulxy!

Hi All,

If I'm correct you will be in Falmouth, Jamaica that day. Ask the crew the best place ashore to get internet service. It will be much cheaper & faster than on the ship.

If I'm correct you will be in Falmouth, Jamaica that day. Ask the crew the best place ashore to get internet service. It will be much cheaper & faster than on the ship.

Club Nazz in Falmouth is a popular place to get wifi, but I would be careful using public wifi anywhere where identity theft could be a concern...

Archived