Luggage Tags Question

Creole Girl

When we received our docs today we got luggage tags that say TBA. We booked an assigned cabin, not a gurantee. My questions are these:

1. Should we call Carnival and request that the correct tags be sent to us?

2. Should we bother filling out the tags before hand or wait until we get to the pier if they don't send us new tags before we arrive?

3. Would you even bother putting the incorrect tags on your luggage in transit?

Thanks for your replies.

Guest Time2gocruzn

As posted by Serene 56:

You can NOT use that site to check on cabin assignments when booking with a group. You can use the site when booked with any agency--not just through carnival. By registering on Carnivals site then registering your cruise--sometimes you will not see the picutre of what you booked but will see a picture of a category under what you booked or one higher.

Your cabin assignments will be shown through the modify booking 6-7 weeks before the cruise.

I also know that the book modify pages will get error messages unless you get there using another website..like cruise critic. Just click on these links .

www.carnival.com go to the right hand corner and register. then go into Profile to set your cruise. If you are not booked as a group your cruise will be in the top left hand corner--which will show you how many days...etc

Ok--click in that cruise reservation- you should see the name of your ship. scroll down some and you will see a picture of a cabin--doesnt mean its yours.

minmize that screen and you should be back here. click on this

www.carnival.com/bookmodify.aspx

scroll down and youwill see cabin info--- up til 7 weeks out it will read gaurantee... or your cabin number if you selected. There will also be a price of what you apid--sometimes this amount will be much more then what you a paid---jsut ignore it as some commissions are added to the amount.

Sometimes an agent will book you as a group-- if you are booked as a group and not know it...register--if you get a message that states--error 5001 you are booked as a group. sorry

Maybe you got upgraded? I would try this first and if it comes up w/ the same cabin you booked I'd call carnival:)

If you are in a TBA group, you have the correct tags. All TBA or GTY cabins are identified by the gray luggage tags. Go ahead and fill in the tags, just leave the cabin number blank. The porters at the pier will have your cabin assignment and you only need to fill in the number on the tag. BTW, did you check on the back of the Sail & Sign card application to see if your cabin number is listed after your booking number? It just might be there!

If you are supposed to have an assigned cabin I would call Carnival and inquire. They may tell you to go ahead and use those tags since it will save you some time at the pier. I hope you get the room you were wanting and have a wonderful cruise.

On our cruise in January our tags were TBA because of a booked Guarantee cabin, when we got to the pier and were told our cabin number I wrote it on the tags in permanent marker so they could be noticed. Also since the Valor was docked right behind the Victory I had a piece of duct tape on the luggage that said Victory Cabin# 6392 in marker as well.

Our luggage arrived safe and sound..:)

Happy sailing !

I just called Carnival, but my PVP was not there. No big surprise as I have not been able to reach her in a while. I always end up speaking to someone else.

They told me to fill out the tags and that they give everyone new tags when they get to the pier anyway. I told her that I was not trying to be rude, but they do not send tags and then give every passenger new tags to fill out once they get to the pier. Then I was put on hold. Once the PVP came back she said that the luggage tags are just sent to passengers so that they will feel "secure" with transport of their luggage from home to the pier and that information came direct from her supervisor.

Since our tags say TBA and it says GRAY on the front of our docs I was hoping for an upgrade. This is only because I had our PVP put in our reservation notes that we would accept being upgraded to a cat.9 or higher without being notified. No cat. 8D as we are already in an 8C aft and don't want to give that up for a regular 8D.

Fine, I won't won't waste my time filling the tags out. Just wait until I get new ones at the pier. Don't want anything to slow me down from stepping foot on that boat and having a great time.

Thank you for your replies.

If you really want to save time at the pier, you could make out some stickers at home, with your name, cabin number, etc. Then you could just slap them on the new stickers you'll get at the pier when they tell you your cabin assignment.

I plan on makning the stickers at home. This happened to me also. I received my docs with the incorrect luggage tags. I had requested a cabin change last week, and now the docs and the luggage tags are incorrect.

I emailed CCl and was told to wait til I get to the pier and the porters would give me new tags to fill out- The sticker idea will save time standing in parking lot filling out 6 tags!!!

The stickers are a good idea, but I will probably just wait to fill them out at the pier. It will be one less thing I have to worry about doing and packing in my carry on luggage. Sure would be nice though to get to the pier and have an upgrade waiting. I am excited about the aft balcony though. This will be our first balcony and I know that I will be totally hooked.

Youre not going to find those Tags on the pier, youre better off just Putting ur cabin number on those TBA tags. I always use the TBA tags, as long as the Cabin number are on them they will arrive safely.

If you had your PVP notate that you would concider an upgrade then it is possible you got one even thou you selected a Cabin, this is pretty confusing, anyways, go into your FunPass section and select Order Gifts and Service, then select a gift, check below to see if youre in the same cabin.

Carry a Black sharpie Pen in your bag so you can use it at the pier if needed.

Archived