Discover Scuba Diving At Nassau

Knight Of The Seas

Has anyone done this before? I've never done this, and would love to try it out to see if I can actually do it, so this seems like a good way to start (I know I could do this locally, too, but I need something to do in Nassau).

I would be booking through NCL's excursions, and I notice they indicate all gear is provided except for wetsuit, available for additional cost. Anyone know how much extra the "additional cost" is?

Any input on this experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, all!

Has anyone done this before? I've never done this, and would love to try it out to see if I can actually do it, so this seems like a good way to start (I know I could do this locally, too, but I need something to do in Nassau).

I would be booking through NCL's excursions, and I notice they indicate all gear is provided except for wetsuit, available for additional cost. Anyone know how much extra the "additional cost" is?

Any input on this experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, all!

Shorty wetsuits are usually $10. Most places only have shorties.

If you think you need one.. book it in advance.

Oh, I would definitely get a wetsuit if I do this. I wanted to be certain the "additional cost" was not prohibitive, though. $10 is fine. I didn't want it to be something like $30.

Presumably these folks know what they're doing. So, for a total newbie like me, I should have no problems with this? I am in good health and not overweight or anything else detrimental to a diving experience.

And one more question! If I take something like my passport, room key card, etc. is there somewhere safe for it to be left while I'm underwater? Presumably one would not take this stuff down with them.

When I say "safe" I mean something more than just "Oh, we'll watch that for you."

Resort diving is meant for newbies. They will keep you well within the limits of safe diving - no more than 30 feet deep, limited time underwater. You'll probably have to sign a medical waiver listing any heart problems, ear or sinus problems, medications. You might want to ask the dive company for the medical waiver in advance to make sure there isn't anything that could keep you from diving.

I don't know if you'll be diving from a boat or shore but I've always felt safe leaving my things with the dive shop employees. They may have lockers too. Definitely don't take them underwater with you. :)

Archived