Disembarking at Malaga

wilson2579

Have just finalised my flights for my cruise on the spirit in October. Ship docks in Malaga at 9 am and I am wondering what time to book a taxi transfer to the airport. We aren't flying until 15_30 so have a little time to play with. When is the latest I can get off the boat as I would rather spend the morning on there than sitting in the airport. Anybody who could help please, thanks.

Gosh, that's a late arrival for the last day of a cruise! Or is this just a port of call and you're leaving the ship early?

Under normal circumstances cabins need to be vacated completely by between 8am and 9am and then everyone is expected to be off the ship by around 10am. But, obviously, your circumstances with respect to everyone off will likely be different than that. It will be an unholy mess if it isn't! :eek:

Edit: Ah, I see that only a percentage of the guests will be leaving the ship at Malaga and the balance will be going back to Barcelona. Makes more sense now. They may let you stay on the ship longer, if she's visiting the port for a good part of the day anyhow.

Maisie,

We just disembarked in Malaga on 28 March from the Spirit. You have to be out of your cabin by 8:00 and off the ship by 9:30. We were docked by 7:00. If you choose, you can carry your own luggage off the ship. We chose to do this and just vacated our room before 8:00 and then went to breakfast. Whenever we finished, we leisurely walked off the ship.

There are taxis outside the terminal, so I wouldn't think you would need any advance arrangements. It should only take about 30 minutes to get from port to airport. Malaga is a pretty city, so I would consider staying a day and flying home the following day. The train trip from the main Malaga train station to the airport only takes about 10 minutes.

Archived