Refundable OBC

angeleyez915

Ok... so question... when I received my final statement before disembarking I noticed where I was given a "Refundable On Board Credit" it was applied the first day of the cruise at check in it was a very small amount but I wasnt aware that I would be receiving any OBC and wondered what it may be for ? Any ideas ? It was only $11.16

I thought those were only adjusted if we are unable to stop at one of the ports? we didnt have any that were cancelled.

The Taxes&Fees that Carnival charges at time of booking is a best guess estimate.

If the actual amount is higher Carnival eats it, if lower they return it to the customer.

I thought those were only adjusted if we are unable to stop at one of the ports? we didnt have any that were cancelled.

No, it's not only if you miss a port. I don't understand all of the specifics, but the port taxes fluctuate and what Carnival initially charged you change a lot and they are only allowed to collect what they are charged and nothing more, thus the refund. That's my understanding anyways. I'm sure someone more knowledgable than me will chime in.

Archived