Any suggestions for LA

highworth

We are sailing out of LA this coming November for the Panama Canal and will arrive a couple of days ahead of sailing day to do some sightseeing. Any suggestions for hotels in LA?

Many thanks.

If it were me ~ infact we just did just this back January ~ If you have a car (not sure you do) I would book a room that is within walking distance of Disneyland in Anaheim. There is a lot to do there even if you don't do the parks. We loved just walking downtown Disney! The pier is only about 18-20 away.

which cruise line, and which terminal, Long Beach or San Pedro? What do you want to do while you are in So. California, as this will dictate where you should stay. If you want to shop and sightsee in Beverly Hills and Hollywood you should stay in a different hotel than if you want Laguna Beach, or Disneyland, or San Diego Zoo. There's lots of traffic in LA, so if you give me some idea, I can make some recommendations.

Many thanks....to be quite honest I'm not sure what we should do! One couple has never been to LA before and for us it was many. mnay years ago.

We are going with Celebrity and are apparently out of San Pedro. We arrive on the 17th and the cruise leaves on the 20th. We are not really ones for shopping. Another thought we had was to head outside LA...Santa Barbara way and stay around there. We will rent a car in that case.

Any suggestions you have would be most welcome.

Many thanks.

Archived