Weight limit on Upper berth?

butnzb

We have booked two rooms for three people each & am a little curious about the upper berth. The size, is it about the same size as a regular twin? And the main question, is there a weight limit? The few pictures I have seen of them I can't really tell how sturdy they are. This will be our first cruise with our family and have never had a cabin with them.

Thanks! I appreciate it. Our two sons are both taking their girlfriends & I had planned on putting them in the uppers. I had one that looked at me like I was crazy when I told her :eek: & I am like, look if you want to go thats where you will be (not really, it just kind of got off with me) & I know my son, thats ok I will take it. And we are talking 6'2 220 lbs. So your input has really helped.

Thanks! I appreciate it. Our two sons are both taking their girlfriends & I had planned on putting them in the uppers. I had one that looked at me like I was crazy when I told her :eek: & I am like, look if you want to go thats where you will be (not really, it just kind of got off with me) & I know my son, thats ok I will take it. And we are talking 6'2 220 lbs. So your input has really helped.

Sorry if this is none of my business but let's see if I have this correct. You and your husband and your two sons and their girl friends in two cabins. So you and the two girls will be in one cabin and your husband the your two sons will be in the other one?

I assume that both girls parents have approved of this arrangement?

6'2 220 doesn't sound like a little boy to me. one of my boys lost his virginity on a cruise. At least you know who they're with and where thy'll be. Have fun. As for the bunks BiL is 6'3 325 and had no problems.

6'2 220 doesn't sound like a little boy to me. one of my boys lost his virginity on a cruise. At least you know who they're with and where thy'll be. Have fun. As for the bunks BiL is 6'3 325 and had no problems.

I've met people on cruises who have said the same thing, that they did on a "screwse" as it was coined.

</random>

sounds like some of these "kids" should should skip the midnight buffet

and head to the treadmills. yeeeesh

two words: SALAD BAR vbg ;)

Wow...we took a break from the zillion slide questions/comments to insult someone's kids. :eek:

Here's six words: Keep your insulting opinions to yourself. :mad:

Okay I just found this funny, this is a cruise board and on this thread a legitimate cruise related question was followed with moral judgements and health advice!

Come on, those of you who questioned the placement of the boys vs. girls and made comments about the OP's party's weight, can you explain how you could justify those as comments with any place here?

PS: If the 'girls' parents know that the girls are going on this cruise isn't it up to them to determine that the sleeping arrangements meet their standards?

Sorry if this is none of my business but let's see if I have this correct. You and your husband and your two sons and their girl friends in two cabins. So you and the two girls will be in one cabin and your husband the your two sons will be in the other one?

You are right, the girls will be w/me and the boys will be in the cabin w/DH.

One (girl) young lady is 21 the other is 16. Both girls parents know and approve. For the minor girl I already have in my little hands a certified letter signed by both parents giving us permission to take her with us, plus instructions on what to do incase of a medical emergency along with insurance card and certified birth certificate. I had called Carnival to see exactly what was needed they said only the birth certificate and drivers license, but a letter would be good to protect us.

sounds like some of these "kids" should should skip the midnight buffet

and head to the treadmills. yeeeesh

two words: SALAD BAR vbg ;)

:eek: We wouldn't be insulting my kids now would we?? And hopefully to clear this up... My oldest son is 23, 6ft 193 lbs. The girls think he looks fine & naturally I think he looks great, but then I am biased. My baby is 17, 6'2 220 and it is all muscle, not an ounce of fat, an excellent football player and is going on to play in college. He is also chased by all the girls and I think he is the best looking young man I have ever seen. Both of their girl friends are petite and beautiful blondes, neither of which are over 125 lbs sopping wet. Sorry.. I am sure this was not ment as an insult, but you done ruffled Momma's feathers :p .

Wow...we took a break from the zillion slide questions/comments to insult someone's kids. :eek:

Here's six words: Keep your insulting opinions to yourself

Maybe one of these "fat" kids broke the waterslide!!!

Did ya ever think of that? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A few years ago, we took my adult daughter with us on the Holiday. I let the girls take the lower berths, and I took the 'upper'. I am 6'2" and 230 lbs. (and I have never used the water slide) There was pleny of room, but be sure to bring a night light. 50 yr. old males, sometimes have to get up in the middle of the night, and the ladder is difficult to manage in the dark.

+++One night, my wife's cell phone (which she likes to use as her alarm clock) picked up a message while we sailing close to some island. Her message alert is a very loud 'WHEEEE' sound. I sat straight up in the upper and hit my head on the ceiling. So tell whoever is up there to remember that they have a low clearance.

Archived