What happens with change in schedule?

Smiles3usa

I was so excited about Princess' 20 day Nov 2006 transatlantic from Rome to Rio including fantastic ports in Europe, Africa and South America that I booked it as soon as I saw it. With a maximum of 3 sea days in a row, the itinerary provided the perfect blend for discovery and relaxation. Today, I find out that Princess has changed the itinerary; now its a 17 day itinerary, the ports aren't as interesting (little Africa and no South America)...and it includes 6 sea days in a row--which I don't want. DARN, DARN, DARN. (BTW, Princess still has the old itinerary on its Web site, but since I saw conflicting schedules on different sites, I called Princess and got the real scoop.)

What happens to my booking/reservation? Will my TA/Princess automatically change me over to the new itinerary--which is shorter, or cancel the booking? Does my price adjust to whatever my TA/Princess says the new rate is? If I am cancelled, can I have the deposit applied to my final payment for my 2005 Asia cruise?

I just happen to look because of the thread about where were folks going in 2006. NOW, I think I will just pout for a day!

I would check with your TA on this one. It happened to us once when the complete itinerary was changed. We had to rebook but were able to get our same cabin. But I wouldn't waste any time if you are still interested, check just to make sure.

We have booked cruises in the past where we wanted a certain itinerary because there were no more than 2-3 sea days in a row, in fact we did a back to back on one. They cancelled the port each way that broke up the sea days and we were stuck with 5 sea days on each leg. Not happy about it, but nothing you can do.

Check with your TA and find out which itinerary you're booked on. Chances are that it's the modified one and that you're final payment will be reduced. I've had this happen several times and received a rate reduction. One time, we were supposed to go to Haifa but because of world events, we went to Istanbul for two days instead. The cost of the cruise was reduced by about $500 so that was just fine with me.

I'm sure the itineraries changed around with the removal of the Royal Princess and changing the Grand (or is it the Golden) and Pacific Princess itineraries.

Archived