Comparassion of Norwegian food to Carnival

JOHN 57

Food is too subjective for a meaningful response. You'll find opinions on both sides of the fence.

Also, you should do a search on Carnival vs NCL and read dozens of threads on this topic

I agree about the subjectivity but I will share my opinion.

For buffet food, NCL is by far the winner. Carnival is just so scattered about, often have buffet lines closed (with the food there) even when lines are extremely long. NCL has the deck cooking with the huge pans of paella or bbq chicken or pasta. I hate to wait for anything on my vacation - just prefer my time over my stomach so I have always been disappointed with Carnival's buffets.

Blue Lagoon cannot be beat - NCL. Carnival has no comparison.

We have never eaten in any specialty restaurant on either line - never felt the need. But, I hope to try the churrasco Brazilian on Breakaway.

Evening meal dining room is a tough one. They seem even to me except, of course, warm chocolate melting cake.

I have never gone hungry on any cruise!! :)

I agree about the subjectivity but I will share my opinion.

For buffet food, NCL is by far the winner. Carnival is just so scattered about, often have buffet lines closed (with the food there) even when lines are extremely long. NCL has the deck cooking with the huge pans of paella or bbq chicken or pasta. I hate to wait for anything on my vacation - just prefer my time over my stomach so I have always been disappointed with Carnival's buffets.

Blue Lagoon cannot be beat - NCL. Carnival has no comparison.

We have never eaten in any specialty restaurant on either line - never felt the need. But, I hope to try the churrasco Brazilian on Breakaway.

Evening meal dining room is a tough one. They seem even to me except, of course, warm chocolate melting cake.

I have never gone hungry on any cruise!! :)

Just what i was going to say the only thing i would have done different was to had put every thing in "CAPS".

We didn't like the buffet on Carnival, however there steakhouse was great, unfortunately they only have the one specialty restaurant and thats why we sailed NCL so much.

NCL buffet was fine for us for breakfast and lunch with lots of selection.

The best meal at sea I ever had was in the steak house on the Carnival Dream. I STILL way PERFER the MANY specialty dinning options on NCL. I too loved Cagneys steak house on the NCL Dawn, but they had an amazing dinner service that day on the Carnival Dream. The complimentary resturants on NCL were just as good as any I have on any other ship I have sailed. If I were to close my eyes and be magically transported to a ship to eat, I honestly could not tell from the food what line I was on. The service would be the give away. Very serious on Celebrity and Holland America, professional on NCL and Royal Carribean, and actually a lot of fun and personable on Carnival.

Patty

OP, I see you posted your question over on the Carnival boards too (that is where I first saw the question). After reading through both, the outcome is exactly as I suspected.

Carnival'ers for the most part (there are exceptions of course) love their food and are defending it with valour.

NCL'ers are more objective with their answers.

My advice - make up your own mind as that is really all that matters in the long run:D BTW, I did reply over on the other thread a few times too.

Archived