Price drop

Krittie67

filled out my early saver form - my manage cruise shows the correct price but my OBC is wrong. The OBC never change. Has this happen to anyone?

Yes. It took about 2 days for the OBC to show the correct amount (Price of lower rate showed immediately)

I'm not sure if mine was a fluke, but instead of OBC, one of my price drops got refunded to my credit card. I was already paid in full, so I was expecting the OBC. The cruise price was adjusted, but the OBC amount remained the same, and when I called they said it can take a few days (not my first Early Saver booking, and I had always seen the OBC credit amount post at the same time the change in the cruise rate was adjusted and had never seen a discrepancy before, so I thought it was strange). After a week, I was ready to call again and then got an e-mail alert from the credit card company that I had a credit to my account from Carnival. It was for the same amount as the OBC I was expecting. I had gotten OBC for a couple of price adjustments before this one, and I've gotten one OBC for a price adjustment since, so I don't know why they refunded to the credit card for this particular one.

Just thought I'd mention it in case the same thing happened in your case. Funny thing is that the credit didn't show up on my credit card until after the TA submitted the next price drop, and she said she mentioned the discrepancy to them.

So I decide to call today. After going thru the menus - I got a message that just says there is a high volume and they are only responding via email and then disconnected me. So I guess I will try email and see.

I got the price drop quickly without an email but it now has been 5 days since the price was adjusted and not the OBC. I also checked my credit card activity no credit there. I know they are busy just doesn't make sense to adjust the price and not the obc.

I will email them to see if I get anywhere I hate to bother my PVP with this.

This same thing happened to us. They decreased our total cruise price (we are paid in full) but never the amount to the OBC. I went to carnival.com and used the option contact us via email and it was fixed in like a few days.

that's good to know I just emailed them. I was starting to get concerned since everyone in the group had gotten a credit.

Archived