No more Progreso

3travelalot

While we are a bit sorry about not going to Progreso, it will be great to be able to stay later in Cozumel! :D

After reading lots of reviews and reports from the past year about the trouble cruise ships have had with ocean conditions there ... the reasoning seems valid!

(Gosh, GLORY has almost always been late from its Western because of delays leaving Progreso ....) :rolleyes:

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

I'm not sure exactly of the issues with Progresso but when we sailed there in early April on the Glory, I couldn't believe how shallow the waters seemed in that when we docked at the pier the amount of sand that seemed to be churned up was unbelievable. I feel badly that Progresso had been discontinued. Carnival has assuredly put a lot of money into the new pier. It's not a huge area but it is very new and we enjoyed spending some time there. In our opinion, Progresso was not good but the day we were there was very cool and windy and not a place we wanted to spend time in. Also, we didn't realize that ship's time was an hour ahead of local time so when we were in town, not many things were open. I think the ruin tours are good and know lots of people are disappointed that Progresso has been discontinued on the Glory itinerary. We chose the Glory because of four stops and now with Progresso being pulled, it will only be 3 stops. Wonder why Carnival couldn't do Costa Maya instead or another stop?

I loved Progresso! We just went In January on Glory and it was my favorite port that time. We did the ruins tour and loved it. It is too bad they are doing away with it. I thought we had plenty of time in Cozumel. We ate at Carlos and Charlies , shopped and were back at the ship with plenty of time!

Archived