Disney Wonder Review

tarheelblue55

Disney Wonder

Hi Everybody! This is my first cruise review so I apologize in advance in any errors and or spelling mistakes. This first review will be on the 5 night Western Caribbean cruise from Miami on the Disney Wonder. This cruise visited Grand Cayman and Cozumel. When I pulled up to the port, I parked my car and headed into the terminal. Process was efficient and quick, and 30 minutes later I was aboard the beautiful Disney Wonder. The Atrium is small, but for a 14 year old ship, it is beautiful. The only aging aspects of the ship that I experienced was the worn carpets in the hallways, and the creaking of the ceiling of my stateroom. The ship was very crowded, but Disney does a great job of spreading people out. The Mickey and Goofy pools were packed with kids, and there was never much room to move. Shows were superb, best on any ship I have cruised on. The show Disney Dreams was spectacular! Food was average in the Beach Blanket Buffet and the quick service locations. Same with Parrot Cay and Tritons. Animator's Palate was amazing, with the Asian Beef being the best main course. We had terribly rough seas and almost missed Grand Cayman. We tendered at Spotts Bay then took a bus instead of tendering downtown. Cozumel was great as always. In conclusion, this cruise was great, but not worth double the price of a RCCL cruise on a much newer and larger ship. I had a great time and hope you enjoyed this review!!!

Thank you kindly for an honest review. I will be sailing my first disney next month and it will be the Wonder.

I'm sad to know the beach blanket buffet was average. : ( I'm also sad to know you did not like 2/3 of the evening locations.

HAL is my favorite line, but in perspective, im mature traveling with out children and grand children.

debbie

Its not like the BBB was terrible, I just wasn't wowed with the selection, but that saying I still enjoyed it. Same with PC and Tritons. I only ate at PC once and was not impressed with my food. My first meal at tritons was great, but pirate night at tritons was not the best. Enjoy your cruise!!

Glad you enjoyed yourself. If you ever try Disney again, try the Fantasy. Its a whole different world than the Wonder and we actually felt it was worth the extra $$ it cost.

If the OP thought the pools were packed on the Wonder, the Fantasy carries 40% more passengers and the pools seem a gazillion times more crowded. The classic ships handle the crowds much better.

We did the Magic in Feb and loved every second. It is all in your perspective. The buffet wasn't huge but all the food was delicious. They even had a seafood buffet one day for lunch with crab legs. They always had boiled shrimp. The charcoal grilled one day outside in the buffet and had lamb! :eek::DAwesome!! People say they like RCL fod better than CCL all the time and I send plates back on RCL - so food is all subjective to taste and we are all different. :p

Archived