Early Saver question

moeferg

I am seeing the same rate I got at carnival for the cruise on a *********** site. They are also offered free on board credit. Will carnival honor that if I booked under the early saver program. (the on board credit)

Carnival will honor a lower advertised fare, even on another site, but they won't match OBC offered by a TA. And, TAs can offer only a small amount of OBC--Carnival has all kinds of rules about that.

emelvee, Carnival has honored my price matching when the rate I've found has been on another site even though Carnival's site had a higher fare.

Carnival will honor a lower advertised fare, even on another site, but they won't match OBC offered by a TA. And, TAs can offer only a small amount of OBC--Carnival has all kinds of rules about that.

emelvee, Carnival has honored my price matching when the rate I've found has been on another site even though Carnival's site had a higher fare.

Nice...but I wouldn't count on them doing it always, based on the ES terms:

Early Saver fare is backed by a unique price protection policy that allows you to adjust your cruise fare to the best available fare advertised by Carnival and available to the general public.

...Carnival will adjust if the fare is available through Carnival only.

If carnival only matches their fares on carnival website why is there a place on the early saver form that asks what site that you found the rate on?

Copy and pasted from ES Form:

"Where was this fare for your specific ship, sailing date, stateroom category and number of guests located?

Onboard Credit

Upgrade

Website (if applicable)"

If carnival only matches their fares on carnival website why is there a place on the early saver form that asks what site that you found the rate on?

"Where was this fare for your specific ship, sailing date, stateroom category and number of guests located?

Onboard Credit

Upgrade

Website (if applicable)"

I've wondered that too. Perhaps they add the language in the ES description to give them an "out" if they don't want to match another site for some reason.

Onboard Credit

Upgrade

Website (if applicable)"

It helps them find TAs that violate their terms?

Archived