Gem Review - Spring Break - 3/22/13 to 3/31/13

A1SusieQ

What a great review! Thank you for all of the pictures and info. We are sailing on may 4 with our 2 children, ages 8 and 4, in the Haven suite you stayed in. Worried about the Kid's Club hours, as we have already paid for the three specialty restaurants and made reservations at 6...might be a problem that NCL will have to resolve....Your girls are adorable!

What a great review! Thank you for all of the pictures and info. We are sailing on may 4 with our 2 children, ages 8 and 4, in the Haven suite you stayed in. Worried about the Kid's Club hours, as we have already paid for the three specialty restaurants and made reservations at 6...might be a problem that NCL will have to resolve....Your girls are adorable!

You and the kids will have so much fun!! Make sure they participate in the Circus show on the final sea day. They will need to practice in the Kids Club 2 days prior to the show. (Not much practicing though):)

As soon as you get onboard, let Kadek, the concierge know you made these reservations not knowing the Kids Club will be closed during those times.

Make your reservations for no earlier than 7:15. I was onboard during Spring Break so the lines were at least 1/2 hour long. Your lines will be at least 15 minutes long.

awesome review! I don't sail until THanksgiving 2014 but so excited. I sailed in non-haven Gem suite and loved it. We liked the ship a lot. Can't wait!

I agree about the kids club - it was the same on Epic during President's week (another big Northeast school holiday) so there were a lot of kids. We made our specialty reservations at 7:30. Worst part is if you wanted to go to a 7:00 show, you couldn't. It definitely needs to be addressed. I understand the concept, but it's not rolling out so efficiently.

Your pics were great!

We were your neighbors on this cruise, in 14008. I think I took the picture of the 4 of you upstairs?

Agree 100% with everything you wrote. We had a great trip also, cannot wait to go again. My in-laws were also staying in the Haven. They said something about the diapers in the pool, but nothing was done to correct this. I know they drained the pool & hot tub and sanitized them every night. We made sure to swim in the morning, before the diaper kids went in. Other than that minor problem, everything else was wonderful.

All the trips we i have made in the Hsven I have never seen them drain the pool or hot tub every night are you 100 % sure about this??

All the trips we i have made in the Hsven I have never seen them drain the pool or hot tub every night are you 100 % sure about this??

Three weeks ago on the Jewel the pool and hot tub were drained and cleaned nightly. It was done very late, so perhaps it was done on your sailings but you never actually saw it being done.

Archived