for first time cruisers...........

celbercrz333

A thought came up as I was responding to a newbie. In case you didn't know it, most ships will give you a detailed map when you get on board. Both Celebrity Zenith and Carnival Fascination did this for us. These ships are so big and the levels are so many that even with a map it's easy to get lost. It will take a while to realize that the staircase you came down on might not be the one you take back up to the room. Look for potted plants, etc. We did this on Fascination. Right by the pool was a staircase leading down only. When we got to the level under it, there were several potted plants. This became our landmark. Some elevators don't go all the way up in some ships. They are all set up differently and will require some memorization on your part. But don't worry, you'll know the whole ship inside and out when it's time to leave it. LOL.

Quick map....make a spreadsheet with the columns marked:

aft....middle....forward

then on the side put decks:

etc.

List ONE ITEM UNDER EACH COLUMN AND ON EACH DECK THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE interest in......then print it off...make this about 3 x 5 inches....laminate a couple of copies.....stick them in your pocket....ok I stuck it in my Bra! When you need to reference it....do so!

Lou

Quick map....make a spreadsheet with the columns marked:

aft....middle....forward

then on the side put decks:

etc.

List ONE ITEM UNDER EACH COLUMN AND ON EACH DECK THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE interest in......then print it off...make this about 3 x 5 inches....laminate a couple of copies.....stick them in your pocket....ok I stuck it in my Bra! When you need to reference it....do so!

Lou

What a great idea -- thanks for the tip!

Archived