Cruise Questions

Quench

Anyone heard of a "place holder" for a cruise? If you book on board it's suppose to hold your cruise for 5 yrs the cost to do this is $92.00.

Are the couch beds for an inside room (Dream) a double or single?

If your watching movies outside will they provide blankets if it's a cool night?

Are the older ships less expensive then the new ships?

Thanks for your help!

Anyone heard of a "place holder" for a cruise? If you book on board it's suppose to hold your cruise for 5 yrs the cost to do this is $92.00.

If your watching movies outside will they provide blankets if it's a cool night?

Thanks for your help!

Never heard of the Place holder.

Couches are a single

No blankets provided. Most just have their jackets on if its cool.

The price varies according to the length of the cruise not so much the ships.

If your new to Disney I recommend taking one classic cruise and then one of the newer ships. Then you can see which you like best.

On the older ships we love the Magic and the new ones the Fantasy is a lot nicer than the Dream. Just a few upgrades that we like better.

Disney is expensive but if you can go at off times you can get some pretty good deals.

Kathy

Never heard of a place holder but some lines offer OBC for placing a deposit while on board but this does nothing to hold a price.

On deck if one is cold, they need to bring their own sweater or jacket. I have not seen a couch bed as anything other than a single.

At times a brand new ship may appear to have higher fares during its maiden year possibly due to higher demand. I have seen this though most on CCL and RCI.

Have a great cruise.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Answers in red:

Disney doesn't do place holders like this, you can book a dummy date on board, which is a booking on an actual sailing that is just to lock in your discount and OBC. You can then move that dummy date to a sailing that you're looking at taking, or to another dummy date. You must move the reservation before the PIF date or you're out of luck.

They are twin futons. They don't fold out like a normal sofa bed, the back folds down and is the mattress for the twin bed, so the length of the couch is the length of the bed, not the width.

They don't provide blankets, but I've got to my cabin and grabbed the blanket for the bed and taken it up to the deck to watch midnight showing of POTC on Pirate Night before.

It depends on the itinerary and length of cruise, not necessarily the ship. They really aren't comparable in that way because they all sail different itineraries.

Thanks for your help!

Archived