Haven, 1st time cruiser, and food allergies

gladgirl

Hi -

I have a bunch of ?'s since I've never cruised before and don't know what to expect with the butler service....

We are in a penthouse suite on the Pearl in May. I was told when we booked to call the concierge number in April to tell them about my food issues (no gluten, dairy, chocolate, or shellfish). Does anyone know how well The Haven/NCL handles food allergies?

I love having coffee rt away in the morning and am looking forward to the espresso machine in our suite. However, I use almond or soy milk. Can the concierge make sure this is stocked before we arrive or do I need to ask butler when we arrive?

Also, how dressy do people get in the evenings on an Alaskan cruise?

And, can anyone tell me how the private dining works? Does the butler serve the food and check back periodically or does s/he hang out the whole time? This is a trip for our anniversary so I am trying to figure out what special things to do....

Thanks in advance!

Hi -

I have a bunch of ?'s since I've never cruised before and don't know what to expect with the butler service....

We are in a penthouse suite on the Pearl in May. I was told when we booked to call the concierge number in April to tell them about my food issues (no gluten, dairy, chocolate, or shellfish). Does anyone know how well The Haven/NCL handles food allergies?

I love having coffee rt away in the morning and am looking forward to the espresso machine in our suite. However, I use almond or soy milk. Can the concierge make sure this is stocked before we arrive or do I need to ask butler when we arrive?

Also, how dressy do people get in the evenings on an Alaskan cruise?

And, can anyone tell me how the private dining works? Does the butler serve the food and check back periodically or does s/he hang out the whole time? This is a trip for our anniversary so I am trying to figure out what special things to do....

Thanks in advance!

There is nothing to stop you from calling the pre cruise concierge right now to ask them about your food/allergy concerns. Get an answer right now from NCL and hopefully reduce your concerns.

WRT to dress, remember that the cruise will have one or two dress up or not nights. It is totally optional and up to whatever you desire. In fact it is up to you to dress up or not on all the nights of your cruise. It is Freestyle. If you dress up, great for you. If you go resort casual, great for you. Do whatever makes YOU comfortable.

WRT to dining in your suite, my experience has been that the butler brings all the food all at once (the items will be covered) and then leaves. Later the butler drops by to pick up the plates.

WRT to making your anniversary special, discuss this with the pre cruise concierge and the ship concierge to pick their brains and see what they can do to enhance the occasion.

You should contact the access desk to notify them of your allergies - email below. For gluten, I believe they need to know 60 days in advance. There is a form you can fill out and send back in. They will email this to you. Super easy.

I researched this allergy thing previously because my daughter was just diagnosed with a peanut allergy. Lots of threads here on cc that you can search through. From what I have read NCL does a really terrific job of accommodating food allergies.

accessdesk@ncl.com

Have a great cruise!

Coffeecat

Archived