Early Debarkation - Valor

takevtr1

can somebody give me a quick rundown of how early debarkation works?

I currently have an 11:45am out of San Juan from Valor.

I need to know how I can get off the ship quickly and make this flight time.

If not, I have to make Jet Blue change my flight to a later time. Originally I had a 1pm flight, but they changed it on me. We will be a group of 10 people, 2 will be Senior citizens. We are planing on taking a taxi and not the carnival transfers.

thank you,

Have to start by saying that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this itinerary!! We just got off Valor March 17, and we did this route on Victory in 2010. If you can do self-debarkation you should be ok. However, with 2 seniors, if they are not able to manage their own luggage, hopefully other people can assist.

In 2010 we had #1 tags, got off the ship and through Dept. of Agriculture and security by 11am, and our flight wasn't until 12:45. So I know self-debark would work. You will just need to verify that all parties can manage the luggage.

This time we had #6 luggage tags and by 9:30 am they still had not called for us. If we would have had an earlier flight I would have FREAKED! :eek: We didn't care as we stayed an extra evening.

So to answer your question-Can you make it - yes - with 10 people, it would cause me stress. When I travel in a large group, I have to decide I am not a tour guide, and the adults have to be responsible for themselves, but that is easier said than done!:p

Good luck with your decision and safe travels!

ok, that is good info.

I "think" all parties can manage their own luggage, but it will be "tight"

What is the LATEST you have to be off the ship by?? I am thinking that I request Jet Blue to move us to their later flight, which is about 3:30pm. This way we can stay on the ship longer, and not have to rush.

Do you also know when you have to be out of the cabins by?

Need to be out of cabins by 8:30 even if you request zone 1 tags because of your early flight which they start calling around 8:00- 8:30 at the latest which we had we were in a cab by 8:50 airport 9:10 through security and was seated by 9:45@ gate 36 so I wouldn't re-book your flight at all you got plenty of room to spare.....

Need to be out of cabins by 8:30 even if you request zone 1 tags because of your early flight which they start calling around 8:00- 8:30 at the latest which we had we were in a cab by 8:50 airport 9:10 through security and was seated by 9:45@ gate 36 so I wouldn't re-book your flight at all you got plenty of room to spare.....

ok THANK YOU. I just spoke with my group members and we decided to "take the chance" and go with the 11:45am flight. Just finished confirming this with jet blue.

Maybe they change it again before our 8/4 departure.

It just STINKS since we went from a 1:06pm flight to a 11:45am flight. I like to take my time getting off the ship and officially ending my vacation. But oh well.

Archived