Does New Orleans port parking ever get full?

We are sailing from New Orleans on Feb 16 th 2014 on the Sunshine. We are driving and I have been doing alot of reading about parking. I was considering parking at Macchu Picchu or the port parking. I would really prefer the port as it just seems easier and the weekend we are leaving New Orleans is hosting the NBA All Star Game. But does port parking ever fill up? Do they have plenty of parking to accomodate anyone who drives?

You wont have any trouble.

That lot is only used by Carnival, and can hold the capacity of both the Conquest and the Elation at the same time. Just plan on getting to the port by noon and there should be plenty of spots open. When we sailed on the Conquest last year the whole top level of the garage was empty.

The top level of the garage is exposed to the elements, so if you worry about your car getting rained on, you should try and get one of the lower levels.

Thank you!! I feel so much better reading this! I really want to use the convenience of just pullng up and being there. We arent worried about the elements. We park outside most of the time anyway. Is the parking garage easy to locate? We have never been to New Orleans before and will be staying at Embassy Suites on Julia Street

You will come out of your hotel and take a left, go up to Girod street and turn right. You should go about 2 blocks and come to Convention Center Blvd. Take a right onto convention center blvd and follow it under the bridge. It will end on Henderson. Turn left on Henderson and follow it until you cross the railroad tracks. That should out you on Port of New Orleans Rd. Turn left there and follow it a short distance and a nice police officer will guide you into the parking garage.

Archived