Best Verandah stateroom with balcony on the Disney Dream?

MommytoCaitlyn

So basically we're looking to book a balcony room on the Dream. We are a family of 2 adults and a 5 year old. What's the best category in your opinion? Out of the offerings of Category 4E, 4D, 4C, 4B, and 4A which would you choose and why? I'm not entirely sure why the categories with higher numbers are cheaper, it seems like it should be the other way around, you know?

Dream has three types of balcony, a navigator (small size), a metal-sided (cat 5E, 6A, 6B) and a glass-sided. The plexiglas are better for kids since they can see through it without climbing. If you want to try something different, inside cabins have a "porthole" that is fed by a video camera on the side of the ship - plus it has occasional appearances by Nemo characters. These are quite a bit cheaper than a balcony that you may not spend that much time on.

The lowest numbers are concierge cabins, then higher numbers are family-size cabins with balconies, normal balconies, ocean view and then inside. For the most part you won't detect much difference in cabin size between 4 and 6 - the difference is primarily location. Mid-ships and lower will have less motion (although we prefer bow and high). Cabins near the stern will often have vibration during docking.

5e's are the largest, they are all aft. Look for the corner ones I think they are on deck 8 and 9, although sometimes these might be classed as handicapped.

If you google disney fantasy 7194, you will come across the one that I have booked. This one is dead centre, but I believe the corner ones are bigger. Look for the picture with the little girl, that's the one I have booked.

My husband absolutely loves the 4E. We were lucky enough to get one on our DVC member cruise back in January and we have this same category for an upcoming September cruise.

He loves the hugeness of the balcony. Me, myself, I am a bit torn. We have always traveled in balconies and I love, love, love my balconies.

Here's my dilemma, my balcony is my own private oasis on the sea. It is the place where I can go and sit and watch the ocean, read, whatever and I can feel totally alone and at peace. I know that I have people all around me but I can't see them nor they me so it's all good. Unfortunately, with the 4E's there is very little privacy to be had. you can sit right outside your door where it's covered but if you want to venture even a few feet forward or stand at the railing, then you're 'exposed' to everyone above you.

For most people this is not even a thought or a care. I am however a shy person so the idea of being looked at from all above is a bit off putting for me. I guess that is silly of me but I can't seem to help it. My hubby though could care less who may be looking at him. So, my compromise in this situation is that I still get my precious balcony (and sit close to the glass door for the most part) and he gets his balcony footage. :D

Whew, this turned out to be longer than I meant:eek: But the bottom line is that the 4E's are pretty awesome and as long as you are aware of the fact that you can be viewed from above then you totally can't beat how spacious these balconies are.

Archived