Cartagena Spain Tours

I am on the Equinox TA in November. We stop in Cartagena. Has anyone used this company? They charge 26 euros for a walking tour. Not sure if it is worth it and I didn't have much luck finding reviews online of this company.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Dena

Check the date of your stop. We were on the Equinox TA last year and were in port on the last weekend of November. The city was celebrating its annual Medieval (sp?) Days - it was excellent! Hundreds of arts, crafts, and food booths along with street performers and displays.

The city is very walkable and easily accessible from the ship - for a first time visit there really is no need for an organized tour.

We were on the Equinox TA last November. We really enjoyed Cartagena. I couldn't find much information before we left and it really was a jem. We did a walking tour through the ship which was around $40 if memory serves. It was very enjoyable and we covered a large area of the city, including the Roman ruins and the hilltop fort. After the walking tour, we walked through the Medieval Faire on our own which covered several streets. Then stopped for Chocolate and Churros (a must) before reboarding.

The ship docks right at the base of the old part of the city, so it's easy to walk on your own. The benefit of having a guide is you get all the history too.

Joe

Thanks for the info. I tried to look up the medieval fair but it looks as if we might just miss it. I think this year we leave about a week later than the TA last year.

I was thinking that a guide would be good for the history but am thinking I might do it on my own.

Thanks again for your input

Dena

Archived