Passport question

Katiebug227

We got married 6.5 weeks ago and I legally changed my name (maiden name is now my middle name, and I took my husband's last name). I sent my passport off to be amended since we booked the cruise under my new name, and got it back within a week. Way to go, State Department! ;)

We're sailing on Carnival this Saturday and I was wondering if I should still bring the certified copy of our marriage license. My driver's license is changed already, as is my passport, but since someone will look at just the front page of the passport it appears to have a different name than what we're booked under. Our FunPass registration has my new name is it is printed on the passport's amendments page. Do I just have to tell whoever checks it to look at the amendments page?

This probably sounds insane but this is our honeymoon and I would be incredibly pissed to arrive at the ship and be told we can't sail. :o

lojill

check out the State Department's web site on Passports and it will tell you when they will be required. Hate for you to go on a cruise without one and be told at the dock, "sorry, no passport, no cruise". :p

Archived