RCCL Brilliance of the Seas of Carnival Freedom??

mkleblanc

Brilliance of the Seas OR Carnival Freedom? (excuse the typo in the heading)

We are a family of four looking to cruise the first week in March 2014. I currently have a 6 day cruise booked on the Carnival Freedom with stops in Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ochos Rios. My husband and I cruised Carnival Glory last year for our first cruise and thought it was great. I was looking at RCCL's site this week and found a 5 day on Brilliance of the Seas for a little cheaper and the ship will have gone through dry dock this year and will (hopefully) be a spiffy and updated. Now I'm second guessing our Carnival trip.

For those of you who have crusied both lines, which would you choose? My kids will be 11 and 9. How do the kid's activities compare? Would you give up 1 day on Carnival (and skip Jamaica, which I'm worried about) to cruise RCCL?

Any thoughts???

For me I'd go RCCI .... I wasn't crazy about Ocho any time I've gone ... you will have a totally refurbished ship .... I've read they have upgraded with a lot of the Oasis amenities which are great! I don't have young children, but have seen their facilities and talked with other parents and they say it is great. Whatever you do, have a great time! :)

Archived