Question for Bill about shuttle service in Venice

Sleep7

Hello Bill!

I originally posted this for Host Andy but now looking thru other posts maybe you are the person that might best be able to answer my question.. thanks to either you that can.

We are boarding the Quest in Venice on September 21, 2013 for the 7 day "Adriatic Explorer." I was wondering whether Azamara will make available (for sale or for free) a shuttle from the ship to St Marks during the day of embarkation. We are arriving on an overnight flight from the USA that morning but once we board the ship, drop off our luggage and eat lunch.. maybe we will have the energy to venture into Venice for an hour or two before the ship sails..

I don't want to go straight from the airport because a shower and change of clothes is definitely needed after an overnight flight.;)

I just wanted to know if it was a possibility. Thanks in advance for your answer!

I think you will find that transportation in Venice is limited to your feet, public water bus or water taxi - no shuttles. The water bus runs often and it stops near St. Marks.

Check out this helpful visitor information site:

europeforvisitors (dot)com/venice/articles/venice_transportation.htm

Hello Bill!

I originally posted this for Host Andy but now looking thru other posts maybe you are the person that might best be able to answer my question.. thanks to either you that can.

Hello Sleep7 -

I've reposted my response that I just placed onto the thread for Andy. No problem - we're both here to support and help you!

On a turn-around day, Azamara does not offer shuttle buses but there is actually no need to do so in Venice since there is a public boat station by the San Basilio Terminal area that offers transportation for one or two Euros. Also, one can also walk to St. Mark's Square, which is about 30 minutes or you can do some shopping along the way and spend hours!

Thank you for selecting the Azamara Quest and our best wishes for an exceptional vacation this coming September!

By the way, Andy is aboard Celebrity and I'm sure we all wish him a wonderful vacation with his family,

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hi Bill! Monkeysee.. Monkey doo! I am reposting this because I'm not sure which thread you will read again.:rolleyes:

Thanks for your post back about how to get from the ship to St Marks on the day of embarkation.

Now I'm a bit confused though.. before I saw your post I called Azamara customer service to double check that the ship would be at San Basilio and they actually told me that the ship is leaving from Venice Marittima Port NOT San Basilio. :confused: Can you confirm which one it is? Thanks so much for finding out for us and have a lovely evening.

Now I'm a bit confused though.. before I saw your post I called Azamara customer service to double check that the ship would be at San Basilio and they actually told me that the ship is leaving from Venice Marittima Port NOT San Basilio. :confused: Can you confirm which one it is? Thanks so much for finding out for us and have a lovely evening.

Hello Sleep7 -

I'm pleased to get back to you so quickly thanks to a very prompt reply from our itinerary planner.

As of today, both the Azamara Quest and the Azamara Journey are both confirmed to be at San Basilio Terminal on both Friday, September 20 and Saturday, September 21, 2013. By the way, the fact that both vessels will be together will prove to be an opportunity for a special time for guests on both vessels.

Also, this information has been shared with our customer service unit.

Our itinerary planner pointed out to me that "all berthing is always subject to change in all ports. ... Ports, not unlike airports, have different berths within each port. Thus ports move ships around as unforeseen situations come up; especially since in many cases we are requesting berthing up to two years in advance!..."

I hope that having this information resolved will enable to get a good night's SLEEP!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Archived