Finally Found a Frame For our CCL Wedding Canvas

When we bought our pictures, the package came with a 16x20 canvas in a tube and note that it couldn't be stretched. Every "frame" store we took it to tried convincing us that they stretch it safely, but we were skeptical, so we began searching for an affordable 20x24 frame with a matte for a 16x20 (we didn't want to cut the canvas). This was almost impossible and we came up empty at the usual suspects (Michaels, ACMoore, Target, etc).

Until...we were perusing IKEA for some underbed storage and came across their Ribba frame. It was everything we wanted and came in a variety of woods, metals and matte colors.

We took ours to Hobby Lobby and the guy that has worked there for years said that Carnival didn't leave enough "extra" around the picture so ours wasn't "stretchable". So we bought two frames and had them matted in just regular picture frames and they look great! I was disappointed though that they sold us canvases that couldn't be stretched without being messed up!

I'm a bit disappointed with having to frame it, especially given what they are charging for them. Ours was part of a package, but I think the a'la carte price was $70 or $80. For that I almost could have paid for a gallery wrap, which is what I really wanted.

When we bought our pictures, the package came with a 16x20 canvas in a tube and note that it couldn't be stretched. Every "frame" store we took it to tried convincing us that they stretch it safely, but we were skeptical, so we began searching for an affordable 20x24 frame with a matte for a 16x20 (we didn't want to cut the canvas). This was almost impossible and we came up empty at the usual suspects (Michaels, ACMoore, Target, etc).

Until...we were perusing IKEA for some underbed storage and came across their Ribba frame. It was everything we wanted and came in a variety of woods, metals and matte colors.

So......can we see a picture of the final product?? :) :) :)

That's very helpful to know in advance that we might have a hard time coming up with a frame, I hadn't even thought of that. I love IKEA, but our nearest one is still 2.5 hours away. Bah! I have hopes I'll be able to find something or have it made in time for our at home reception to have it displayed there...we shall see.

Now I didnt even see this one,, BUT this is a great Head's up for Families that DO buy these.. Make sure they Leave enough Extra or stretchable room...

The thing is though, that CCL tells you not to stretch them because it will distort the image and colors and I could see it happening because it's only slightly more sophisticated than an iron-on transfer.

I'll get a picture of the frame later tonight and post it soon.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a bit disappointed with having to frame it, especially given what they are charging for them. Ours was part of a package, but I think the a'la carte price was $70 or $80. For that I almost could have paid for a gallery wrap, which is what I really wanted.

Our photographer on board recommended that we get the metal print and priced a package with that (and photobooks) instead of the canvases. She said the metal print will last longer and we don't have to worry about mounting and framing it. Now reading this, I'm glad we went with her advice.

Our photographer on board recommended that we get the metal print and priced a package with that (and photobooks) instead of the canvases. She said the metal print will last longer and we don't have to worry about mounting and framing it. Now reading this, I'm glad we went with her advice.

I wish the metal print had been offered on our cruise, but those are newish and haven't expanded to the Spirit class ships yet.

Archived