Recent Dream cruisers questions

sjfarley

Just off the Dream last Saturday.

No unlimited internet.

Boarding was held up due to some kind of Coast Guard inspection. I think it started 11:30-12.

Can u tell me how disembarking went for y'all? I booked an 11:15 flight and now I'm worried it's too early.

To the meanies on here no flaming me please lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Can u tell me how disembarking went for y'all? I booked an 11:15 flight and now I'm worried it's too early.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

We are Platinum and were off the ship around 8AM after letting the self assist folks get out...

If you get FTTF, you will have a #1 luggage tag and either be the first self assist people off or the first checked bag people off, with Diamond and Platinum cruisers.

Even if you don't, if you stop at Guest Services, they can bump you up to a earlier debarkation number (like, 2, 3 or 4) if you show them your flight info.

Bill

Does the Dream have the unlimited Internet program at this time?

What time did boarding start?

Any recent FunTimes/capers especially Western?

!) they had the Unlimited Internet on our late December cruise, but I read they quit offering it, I think the first cruise of 2013.

2) Port Canaveral is by far the best embarkation/debarkation port we have used.

In December we arrived at 10, dropped our bags, parked the car, walked into VIP check in around 10:20-25, were checked in in less than 5, sat for less than 5 when they called Platinum/Diamond passengers up to the upper seating area.

We waited there maybe 15 minutes.

The two weddings boarded, then Platinum/Diamond, then FTTF folks.

DW and I were in our Cove balcony room, with 4 out of 6 bags already at the door, right at the stroke of 11AM. (the other two bags arrived before noon)

Just remember boarding is technically not until 1:30PM.

Two Saturdays ago, a poster came in here bitching about having to wait until 12:30 to board. (still a full hour before boarding is listed to begin)

Carnival wants to get you on board as fast as possible to start buying drinks.

But sometimes, immigration problems, or coast guard inspections will slow embarkation down.

If you are a gambler like DW and I are. Show up around 11ish, when they USUALLY start embarkation.

Just don't be upset, if something else slows it down. (out of my 11 and DW's 13 Carnival cruises, we have only embarked after 11-11:30, 1 time)

Bill

I have tried to figure out how to get them all nice and pretty.. This is the best I could do. I am sure it is easy if you just know.. I posted asking but my post seems to have disappeared.

s1311.photobucket.com/user/Chicad007/library/Dream%20western%20funtimes%20kids%20and%20spa?page=1"

I don't think we can post link but....

It is a publics file on photobucket, Dream western funtimes kids and spa, chicad007 is the name it is under.

I remember DW ensured we were near the front, to ensure not being under the galley.

We were I believe the fourth Cove from the bow on the starboard side.

Our cabin was a few steps away from the Glass Atrium elevators.

Dining room was Crimson, 1 flight above us, with Atrium bar, Guest Services and the Main Show lounge all right there also.

The only long walk for anything was the Lido Buffett and my beloved Pasta bar for lunch EVERY day.

Sounds like you have the exact same cabin on the opposite side.

You'll love the location.

Bill

I have tried to figure out how to get them all nice and pretty.. This is the best I could do. I am sure it is easy if you just know.. I posted asking but my post seems to have disappeared.

s1311.photobucket.com/user/Chicad007/library/Dream%20western%20funtimes%20kids%20and%20spa?page=1"

I don't think we can post link but....

It is a publics file on photobucket, Dream western funtimes kids and spa, chicad007 is the name it is under.

Thanks for posting these! Here is one of your pics:

image_zpsd4ed70c6.jpg

• 6 months later...

I remember DW ensured we were near the front, to ensure not being under the galley.

We were I believe the fourth Cove from the bow on the starboard side.

Our cabin was a few steps away from the Glass Atrium elevators.

Dining room was Crimson, 1 flight above us, with Atrium bar, Guest Services and the Main Show lounge all right there also.

The only long walk for anything was the Lido Buffett and my beloved Pasta bar for lunch EVERY day.

Sounds like you have the exact same cabin on the opposite side.

You'll love the location.

Bill

Hi bguppies, did you have a lifeboat above you? I know there's a few coves in an opening.

Thanks!

Kat

I'm not flaming you, but you are really going to have to hustle to catch this flight. I'm assuming you are flying out of MCO? It is a total zoo on Saturdays and the security line itself took about an hour to get through both times I have flown out of there in the last 6 months. I'm not saying it can't be done, but I would be the first one off the ship!

Does the Dream have the unlimited Internet program at this time?

What time did boarding start?

Any recent FunTimes/capers especially Western?

No unlimited internet in September when we cruised.

Not sure when boarding started, we boarded around 11:30

We kept all the Fun Times, will try to get them scanned and added to my review post.

Archived