Ft. Lauderdale post cruise question...

tjatczak

Will post this on the 'ports' board also, but thought someone may have the right answer...

We will be getting off the Caribbean Princess on 10/15 and staying at the Seminole Hard Rock that night - have thought about renting a car - is there a rental company that would pick us up at the pier and allow us to drop the car the next day at the airport?

It seems this would be so much easier then finding a way of shuttling to the airport (at a cost) then picking up our rental...

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

:) Ted

We will be getting off the Caribbean Princess on 10/15 and staying at the Seminole Hard Rock that night - have thought about renting a car - is there a rental company that would pick us up at the pier and allow us to drop the car the next day at the airport?

Yes, all of the majors will do that. They'll probably take you back to their airport facility to complete the rental, so in essence you will be renting at the airport. BTW, Hard Rock rooms are beautiful and there's lots and lots of free self parking.

Arlene

Arlene,

I assume you have been at the Hard Rock?

Is the pool area as beautiful as it looks on the web?

I know I will be in "hog heaven" a Hard Rock CAfe, A Hooters and a Bar=b=q place all on the property - WOW!

I think we will wish we were staying longer than 1 night!

Ted

P.S. We just made a reservation with ALamo.

We are going on the CB in August and staying at the Hard Rock after as well. We are thinking of renting a car as well. Can I ask did you do round trip with alamo return and pick up same place? Do they pick up at the pier?

Is this the only company that picks up at the pier?

Most of the major car rental companies pick up at the pier and airport. For Hertz, the rental lot is between the airport and pier. We reserved on-line and used the FLL location. Hard rock has a Beautiful pool area. They even have cabanas with mini-fridges in them.

Will post this on the 'ports' board also, but thought someone may have the right answer...

It seems this would be so much easier then finding a way of shuttling to the airport (at a cost) then picking up our rental...

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

So sorry, Ted, that you will be off-loading 10/15. We'll be boarding. LOL

We're looking for something to fill several hours on our return 10/22, our flight doesn't leave until 4:45 p.m. Any thoughts?

Arlene,

I assume you have been at the Hard Rock?

Is the pool area as beautiful as it looks on the web?

I know I will be in "hog heaven" a Hard Rock CAfe, A Hooters and a Bar=b=q place all on the property - WOW!

I think we will wish we were staying longer than 1 night!

Ted

P.S. We just made a reservation with ALamo.

Ted, as a Floridian (and a local too) pools don't really turn me on. But yes, the pool is gorgeous. Just want to apprise you of the fact the Texas Hold 'Em area is very very smoky. It's adjacent to their food court; just hide in the back if you're eating and not a smoker. :)

Arlene

Also, just outside the doors (you walk right out to a sort of prominade area) of the Hard Rock there are shops, restaurants, clubs. Great activity right there on the grounds. I personaly think that area is better than the HardRock itself. BTW, the slots are terrible IMHO.

Archived