Beach and teenagers

so_excited_to_cruise

We are going to Belize in June. We have 5 teenagers going. Adults are happy with a lazy beach day. Teenagers are not. Since I have never been to Belize I feel more comfortable booking through Carnival. Is there a beach in Belize that offers good snorkeling, motorized water sports, or anything else that high energy teenagers would love? :)

Hello. the beach you are looking for would be Bannister Island. Its not too far away from port and i heard they got Kayaking that you can do around the island. You can also snorkel there all day. Im not sure if the ship offers that excursion though, you might haveto book privately.

Coral Beach runs tours to BI with or without snorkeling around $60pp. There are some other cayes that get visited by private excursions too. The only cheaper alternative is perhaps Cucumber Beach in Old Belize. It's the only "beach" on the mainland near the port. It's only around $10 entrance fee pp, plus taxi fare. It's primarily a lagoon/man made beach used by locals. Supposedly last year's hurricanes weren't too kind and the facilities have run down a bit. There is or was a large water slide there. But in terms of motorized water sports, that's not going to happen in that section of Belize, due to the shallowness of the water and fragile reefs.

There is not really a lot for teenagers to do at Bannister besides lounge on the sand or in the water. Make sure they take water shoes because the sand is course with lots of sharp shells, especially going into the swim area. They do have some kayaks available for use but that's about it.

There is not really a lot for teenagers to do at Bannister besides lounge on the sand or in the water. Make sure they take water shoes because the sand is course with lots of sharp shells, especially going into the swim area. They do have some kayaks available for use but that's about it.

I agree. There is nothing to do at Bannister Island except sit on the beach. It's not worth it...They would enjoy Cave tubing...you can find a private tour for $50 per person.

I would recommend that you go to Caye Caulker for the day. You can sit on the beach and relax, and the teenagers can rent jet skis, snorkel, kayak or whatever they want from the island.

The best way to get there is to take a water taxi. You can book right online and board from the terminal 2 minutes away from the port.

They are extremely reliable and unlike what some people say, have never been late to return. I think they have a link on their website you can check out.

http://www.belizewatertaxi.com/#!cruise-ships/csk1

Have a great time in Belize! :):)

Archived