Victoria Station

aqua

I am taking the Gatwick Express to Victoria Station. Two days later, I am taking the National Express bus from Victoria Coach Station to Dover. Are the 2 Victoria Stations different places? Thanks!

Hi, we just left London on Saturday and got to Heathrow from the Victoria Coach Station. Victoria Station is HUGE. That is where we caught the tube every day. There are signs within Victoria Station that point you toward Victoria Coach Station that is actually a good two block walk from the rear of Victoria Station. Hope I'm making sense. We were lucky that we walked it the night before to go buy our tickets to get to Heathrow, so we figured out the shortest way to walk there from our hotel (our hotel was actually closer to Victoria Coach Station).

By the way, when you enter Victoria Coach Station, the bus loading area is toward the front, but the place where you buy your tickets (or pick them up if they are already reserved), is another good walk to the rear of the station. It was also National Express that we used to get to Heathrow, they have bottom storage areas for luggage, just fyi. Have a great time.

Tammy

You can see where Victoria (railway) Station is on [url="http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=528914&Y=178971&A=Y&Z=1"]this map[/url] - the front entrance is actually above where the arrow is pointing to, just by the bus station. The entrances to the Tube are here, and also where the London Underground logo is at the corner of Victoria Street and Buckingham Palace Road.

Victoria Coach Station is arrowed on [url="http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=528644&Y=178673&A=Y&Z=1"]this map[/url], a couple of (big) blocks along Buckingham Palace Road, as [B]sprinkles[/B] says.

I hope this gives you some sense of their relative locations.

• 2 weeks later...
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aqua:
I am taking the Gatwick Express to Victoria Station. Two days later, I am taking the National Express bus from Victoria Coach Station to Dover. Are the 2 Victoria Stations different places? Thanks!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi, Did you save money over taking The ships transfer bus? Thanks zetnic

Yes, you will save money over the ship transfers. I just looked up the prices. Victoria to Southampton 23 pounds, Dover to Victoria 10.50 pounds. It was a great way to get to Heathrow from London and that cost us 10 pounds apiece. [url="http://www.nationalexpress.com"]www.nationalexpress.com[/url]

Tammy

Zetnic,

We stayed at Victoria Park Plaza, I wrote about it a little farther down this page. It really was awesome, the best hotel we stayed at in Europe (but the beds were a little soft). Yes, we found it incredibly convenient to stay there. It was a short two block walk in one direction to get to the regular Victoria Station where we caught the tube and buses. IT was about a good three block walk in a different direction to get to Victoria Coach Station, but we made it easily enough rolling two suitcases apiece.

FYI on Victoria Park Plaza, make sure you get your breakfast included, otherwise it is 12 pounds per person.

Tammy

Archived