Country Inn to Cape Liberty - Quickest Route?

DaddyBytes

Sailing May 2nd and we are staying at the Country Inn located in Elizabeth NJ. Here are the two routes we can take to get to Cape Liberty Port. We would like to be at port by 10am Thursday morning. Which route would be best to take?

Route 1: Via Bayonne Bridge

route1iy.jpg

Route 2: Via NJ Turnpike

route2v.jpg

Ok - so you're going at the end of rush hour on a Thursday morning. I think there's been some construction on the NJ Turnpike extension, but I can't believe they would be doing that on the NY bound side during a weekday rush hour.

There's no way I would pay an extra $11 in tolls to go via Staten Island to get to Bayonne. IMO the NJ turnpike route is easier, cheaper, more direct, and probably faster.

Ok - so you're going at the end of rush hour on a Thursday morning. I think there's been some construction on the NJ Turnpike extension, but I can't believe they would be doing that on the NY bound side during a weekday rush hour.

There's no way I would pay an extra $11 in tolls to go via Staten Island to get to Bayonne. IMO the NJ turnpike route is easier, cheaper, more direct, and probably faster.

Thank you. I did not know there would be an $11 toll if I took the Bayonne bridge.

Archived