Ocean Plaza on Dream...what is it?

bankonus

I haven't been on Dream yet (July!), but Ocean Plaza is the name for deck 5 midship, indoor/outdoor areas - there are a couple of bars, coffee shop. Blackjack band currently plays there, I believe - at least until mid-May; hope they come back after their vacation that's scheduled until early July. The Lanai is the outdoor area, on both sides of the ship. You can look at the deck plan here.

I've never been on Dream, and have heard people mention this on the ship. Past Dream cruisers can you fill me in? Thanks

It is a wide open space on deck 5 between the walkaround deck outside.

The internet cafe is there and that is the location of most of the trivia and games. (and the blackjack band most nights)

One of the better featured improvements over the old Conquest class.

(that and the Cove Balconies and insanely good Pasta Bar for lunch)

Bill

The outdoor area is a great place to score lounge chairs when you can't find any elsewhere. Also hottubs that extend over side of the ship. Very nice relaxing area. Inside is the taste bar too, where most nights you get a little taste of something.

On sea days, at lunch, the Taste Bar offers salads, soups and wraps. I enjoy playing Trivia which is featured at the Ocean Plaza most days and if it is time for Lunch a nice salad and soup hits the spot inbetween trivia games.

On sea days, at lunch, the Taste Bar offers salads, soups and wraps. I enjoy playing Trivia which is featured at the Ocean Plaza most days and if it is time for Lunch a nice salad and soup hits the spot inbetween trivia games.

I did not know they had salads and wraps. Great Info. thanks. I'm always on the Lido somewhere. Time for a change.

The Ocean Plaza was one of my favorite places on the Dream. It spans the entire width of the ship and opens on both sides to the lanai with hot tubs that overlook the ocean. There were a lot of activities held in the Ocean Plaza on our cruise. It was a great place to enjoy anything from reading a book to eating some of that delicious BBQ you could get just out the doors on the lanai. It was also, in my opinion, one of the prettier public spaces on the Dream. If I remember correctly, I believe there were some computers for internet access right next to it, which was very convenient. It never seemed crowded in the Ocean Plaza either and I guess that is one reason I really liked it.

I hope this helps you.

The Ocean Plaza was one of my favorite places on the Dream. It spans the entire width of the ship and opens on both sides to the lanai with hot tubs that overlook the ocean. There were a lot of activities held in the Ocean Plaza on our cruise. It was a great place to enjoy anything from reading a book to eating some of that delicious BBQ you could get just out the doors on the lanai. It was also, in my opinion, one of the prettier public spaces on the Dream. If I remember correctly, I believe there were some computers for internet access right next to it, which was very convenient. It never seemed crowded in the Ocean Plaza either and I guess that is one reason I really liked it.

I hope this helps you.

What's this BBQ you speak of?

On sea days they would have the most delicious BBQ setup just outside the ocean plaza on one side of the ship. It was absolutely some of the best food we had on the cruise. They had BBQ pork sliders and wondeful BBQ chicken quesadillas with side items such as baked beans, corn on the cob and slaw. You had to get there early because the line got very long quickly. Of course, they sold soft drinks and mixed drinks out there along with the free food. The funtimes will tell you what time it will start but it was always a lunch meal.

On sea days they would have the most delicious BBQ setup just outside the ocean plaza on one side of the ship. It was absolutely some of the best food we had on the cruise. They had BBQ pork sliders and wondeful BBQ chicken quesadillas with side items such as baked beans, corn on the cob and slaw. You had to get there early because the line got very long quickly. Of course, they sold soft drinks and mixed drinks out there along with the free food. The funtimes will tell you what time it will start but it was always a lunch meal.

Thanks! My son is going to love this.....actually we will all end up loving this.

I was on the dream spring break and loved ocean plaza. Favorite place inside the ship. The band was great and the bartenders the best and most friendly on the ship!!! Stop by and say hello to them ( especially Darunee). She knews out names by the end of the first nights. Always stopped by and got a pre dinner drink and sampled the taste bar. They will treat you well all week!

Archived