Luxury Hotels in Singapore

cuddles115

Raffles, Mandarin Oriental (not Marina Mandarin, which is a rather mediocre hotel despite a 4.5 star rating), Ritz Carlton Millenia, Four Seasons, Shangri-la, Regis are all world class hotels with much elegance and brilliance to spare.

The Park Hotel Clarke Quay is really a second rate, 4 star hotel. If for some reasons you choose this hotel, make sure you book a CRYSTAL CLUB room with full Crystal Club privileges, otherwise you will likely have a tiny, miserable room. But even if you book a Crystal Club room, it is no comparison to the aforesaid hotels in terms of real luxury and prestige.

We stayed at the St. Regis pre cruise and the Four Seasons post cruise. Both were fantastic. The St. Regis is at the top of Orchard Rd, so there is a bit of a longer walk to the malls. However it was also an easy walk to the Botanical Gardens. You can't go wrong with either.

Hotel is top notch.

However, location isn't fantastic. A bit out of the way.

Super excited to hear this! I've got 2 nights booked at the St. Regis in August at the end of my cruise before flying on to Bangkok.

My only other experience with the St. Regis has been an overnight stay here in Southern California. I can't to try the St. Regis in Singapore! Glad to read good endorsements about it! I'm not super concerned with it being at the top of Orchard Road - kind of gets us away from it all - but as you say, a quick walk to the Botanical Gardens!

• 4 weeks later...

We stayed at the Park Hotel Clarke Quay for 6 nights in late January and early February, 2013. Book a Crystal Club Room and you will be treated very well. Made to order breakfast every morning in the club room. Snacks and light refresments in the club room throughout the day. Happy hour from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM in the club room which includes beer, wine and assorted alcoholic drinks as well as at least 6 hot appetizers. Separate check in and check out with the concierge on the 10th floor. The crystal club rooms are on the 9th and 10th floors and require elevator key card access. We only had one restaurant meal while in Singapore and that was in Chinatown. Cost was $1,408.55 US for 5 nights.

Archived